Words — 214 found
1. mouth; speechBuddhist term, Only applies to く
2. counter for people or implementsusu. こう
- The woman dental hygienist said to me, lying down in the chair, "Right, please open your mouth."
2. opening; hole; gap; orifice
- い 。
- We plunged into the cave opening on our boat and continued on.
3. mouth (of a bottle); spout; nozzle; mouthpiece
- Fill the bottle to the top so as to exclude all air.
4. gate; door; entrance; exit
5. speaking; speech; talk (i.e. gossip)See also 口を利く
- He says one thing and means another.
6. taste; palateSee also 口に合う
7. mouth (to feed)
- あ 。
- Foreign rice is hard and tasteless, and doesn't appeal to the Japanese palate.
8. opening (i.e. vacancy); available positionSee also 働き口
9. invitation; summonsSee also 口がかかる
- The job offer still stands.
10. kind; sort; type
11. opening (i.e. beginning)
12. counter for mouthfuls, shares (of money), and swords
13. MouthThe mouth is the first portion of the alimentary canal th... Read more
2. LipstickLipstick is a cosmetic product containing pigments, oils,... Read more
1. vexing; annoying; frustrating; regrettable; mortifying
口惜しい 【くやしい】、悔やしい 【くやしい】、口惜しい 【くちおしい】
悔やしい: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to hum (a tune); to sing to oneself; to croon
口遊む 【くちずさむ】、口吟む 【くちずさむ】、口号む 【くちずさむ】
口号む: Irregular kanji usage.
1. tone (e.g. of voice, etc.); (verbal) expression
1. lip service; mere words; professions
- Don't pay lip service to me.
2. lips; mouth; snout; proboscis
- The words are on the tip of my tongue, but I don't quite know how to put what I want to say.
1. pet saying; favorite phrase (favorite); stock phrase
- な 。
- My grandmother used to say that she would live to be a hundred, but she died at the age of 85.
2. manner of talking
1. every person; every mouthSee also 口々に
2. every entrance
1. retort; back talk; backchat
口ごたえ 【くちごたえ】、口応え 【くちごたえ】
口応え: Irregular kanji usage.
1. quarrel; dispute; argument
口喧嘩 【くちげんか】、口喧嘩 【くちけんか】、口ゲンカ 【くちゲンカ】
1. to hesitate to say; to mumble; to hem and haw; to falter
口篭もる 【くちごもる】、口篭る 【くちごもる】、口籠る 【くちごもる】、口籠もる 【くちごもる】
- This is a smooth wine, which goes down easy.
2. smooth talking
3. reception; hospitality
1. to persuade; to coax; to solicit
2. to seduce; to make advances; to make a play; to make a pass; to put the moves on; to come on to; to hit on; to court; to woo; to romance
- Are you making a pass at me?
1. nagging; faultfinding; carping; captious
口うるさい 【くちうるさい】、口煩さい 【くちうるさい】
1. moustache; mustache
2. MoustacheA moustache is facial hair grown on the outer surface of ... Read more
口髭 【くちひげ】、口髯 【くちひげ】、口鬚 【くちひげ】