Words — 540 found
1. right; privilege
2. RightsRights are legal, social, or ethical principles of freedo... Read more
1. profit; gains
- たいせつ 。
- Ichiro puts friendship above profit.
2. benefit; advantage; good; interests (e.g. of society)
- Read books that are worthwhile.
3. grace (of God, Buddha, etc., esp. as attained through rightful actions, prayer, adherence to one's faith, etc.); blessing; miracleOnly applies to りやく, See also 御利益, usu. ご〜
4. Profit (economics)In economics, the term profit has two related but distinc... Read more
1. convenient; handy; useful
1. (United States of) America; United States; US; USAAbbreviation, Usually written using kana alone, See also アメリカ合衆国
- はな 。
- They speak English in America.
2. America (land mass); the AmericasUsually written using kana alone
- まな 。
- We learned that Columbus discovered America in 1492.
亜米利加: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form. 亜墨利加: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form.
1. victory; triumph; conquest; success; win
2. VictoryVictory is a term, originally applied to warfare, given t... Read more
1. interest (on a loan, deposit, etc.)
2. InterestInterest is a fee paid by a borrower of assets to the own... Read more
1. AfricaUsually written using kana alone
阿弗利加: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form. 亜弗利加: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form.
1. advantageous; favourable; better; strongerSee also 不利
- The evidence was in his favor.
2. profitable; lucrative; gainful; paying
優利: Irregular kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. to be effective; to take effect; to be good (for)See also 薬が効く, usu. 効く
- き 。
- These pills act on the heart.
2. to work; to function wellSee also 目が利く, usu. 利く for body senses, functions, etc.
- How dare you speak to me like that?
3. to be possible (to do, use, etc.); to be able toSee also 割引が効く
- My credit is good for 50,000 yen.
4. to taste (alcohol); to trySee also 聞く
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. clever; intelligent; wise; bright; sharp; sensible; smart; shrewd
2. well-behaved (esp. children and pets); obedient; goodSee also お利口, usu. as お利口
3. good (with words)Archaism
俐巧 【りこう】、悧巧 【りこう】、利巧 【りこう】
1. effect; virtue; efficacy; impression
2. one's dominant eyeOnly applies to 利き目, Only applies to きき眼, Only applies to 利目
利き目 【ききめ】、きき眼 【ききめ】、効目 【ききめ】、利目 【ききめ】
1. gravel; ballast; pebbles
- かため 。
- They are binding the gravel with cement to repair the road.
2. child; rugrat; ankle-biterColloquialism, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to じゃり
Common word Links
1. egoism; egotism; selfishness
2. SelfishnessSelfishness is placing concern with oneself or one's own ... Read more