Words — 82 found
1. to use (a tool, method, etc.); to make use of; to put to use
- "Can I use your dictionary?" "Yes, here you are."
2. to use (a person, animal, puppet, etc.); to employ; to handle; to manage; to manipulate
- It has become common practise to employ foreigners working abroad from Asian countries as maids.
3. to use (time, money, etc.); to spend; to consume
- つか 。
- Don't use all the hot water.
4. to use (language); to speak
1. to send; to forwardUsually written using kana alone
- Could you send someone up to pick up some laundry?
2. to hand over (e.g. money)Usually written using kana alone
- Is there someone who could help me?
遣す: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. errand; mission; going as envoySee also 使いにやる
- Don't delay on this errand.
2. messenger; bearer; errand boy; errand girl
3. familiar spiritSee also 使い魔
4. use; usage; user; trainer; tamer; charmerSee also 魔法使い, often read as づかい when used as a suffix
- い 、
- In a word, he is a flatterer.
1. to do; to undertake; to perform; to play (a game); to studyUsually written using kana alone, Colloquialism, See also する
- He has sent the boy on an errand.
2. to send; to dispatch; to despatchUsually written using kana alone
3. to put; to move; to turn (one's head, glance, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
- Where've you stuck my flat-head screwdriver?!
4. to give (esp. to someone of equal or lower status); to let have; to present; to bestow; to conferUsually written using kana alone
- Here's $5.
5. to make (a vehicle) go fasterUsually written using kana alone
6. to run (a business); to keep; to be engaged in; to practice (law, medicine, etc.); to practiseUsually written using kana alone
- I had only one aim in throwing everything away to run this restaurant.
7. to have (food, drink, etc.); to eat; to drink; to smokeUsually written using kana alone
8. to hold (a performance); to perform; to showUsually written using kana alone, See also 演る
9. to ease (one's mind)Usually written using kana alone
10. to harm; to injure; to killColloquialism, Usually written using kana alone, See also 殺る
- Don't kill off bystanders!
11. to have sex; to fuck; to bangUsually written using kana alone, Slang, Vulgar expression or word, See also 犯る
13. to do ... completelyUsually written using kana alone, after the -masu stem of a verb, often in the negative
14. to do ... broadly; to do ... to a great distanceUsually written using kana alone, after the -masu stem of a verb
15. to do ... for (someone of equal or lower status); to do ... toUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb; sometimes with negative nuance
16. to make active efforts to ...Usually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb
1. throwaway; disposable; single-use
2. DisposableA disposable (also called disposable product) is a produc... Read more
使い捨て 【つかいずて】、遣い捨て 【つかいすて】、遣い捨て 【つかいずて】、使い捨 【つかいすて】、使い捨 【つかいずて】
使い捨: Irregular okurigana usage. 使い捨: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. way of using (something); way to use; how to use; usage; use
2. way of handling (employees, subordinates, etc.); way of treating; treatment; management
遣い方: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to accomplish; to finish; to carry through; to follow through
1. to come along; to come around; to turn upUsually written using kana alone
2. to arrive at the present; to get where one is; to have been doing something (for a period of time)Usually written using kana alone
1. making do; getting by (somehow); managingUsually written using kana alone
1. to do over again; to redo; to start over; to remake; to resume; to recommence
遣り直す 【やりなおす】、遣りなおす 【やりなおす】
1. giving and taking; exchange (of letters); arguing back and forth; (conversational) exchangeUsually written using kana alone
遣り取り: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to let something (or someone) go past
- やりすご 。
- I usually spend the whole day idly on Sunday.
2. to do too much
1. will (to do something); drive; motivation; enthusiasm; eagerness
ヤル気 【やるき】、遣る気 【やるき】
遣る気: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. being worth doingUsually written using kana alone
1. to beat; to attack (an enemy); to do away with; to finish offUsually written using kana alone
遣っつける 【やっつける】、やっ付ける 【やっつける】
1. to use up; to squander
使い果す 【つかいはたす】、遣い果たす 【つかいはたす】、遣い果す 【つかいはたす】
1. to use up; to exhaust; to wear out
使いきる 【つかいきる】、遣い切る 【つかいきる】
1. to embezzle; to misappropriate; to peculate
2. to accustom oneself to using; to use for a long time
使いこむ 【つかいこむ】、遣い込む 【つかいこむ】
遣い込む: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.