Words — 26 found
1. stuffing; packingづめ when a suffix
- The trains were jammed with commuters.
2. end (esp. the foot of a bridge)
3. lowest-ranking guest at tea ceremony
4. tea master
5. endgame (esp. in shogi or used figuratively)
- You kept putting off working on the fine details on this project so it ended up lacking the finishing touches.
6. sweet eel sauceAbbreviation
7. middle-aged womanArchaism
8. appointment to a particular workplace
9. using as the sole ground of judgement (judgment)
10. continuing; keep doing for period of timeafter the -masu stem of a verb
- お 。
- We sat up half the night just talking.
詰め 【づめ】、詰 【つめ】、詰 【づめ】
1. to stuff into; to jam; to cram; to pack; to fill; to plug; to stop up
- We've got to fill this hole with something.
2. to shorten; to move closer together
- Could I have this blouse taken in, please?
3. to reduce (spending); to conserve
4. to focus intently on; to strain oneself to doSee also 根を詰める, usu. as 根を詰める
5. to go through thoroughly; to work out (details); to bring to a conclusion; to wind up
6. to be on duty; to be stationed
7. to corner (esp. an opponent's king in shogi); to trap; to checkmate
8. to cut off (one's finger as an act of apology); to catch (one's finger in a door, etc.)See also 指を詰める, the meaning "to catch one's finger" is predominantly used in Kansai
9. to do non-stop; to do continuously; to keep doing (without a break)
10. to do completely; to do thoroughly
11. to force someone into a difficult situation by ...
1. to cram; to stuff; to jam; to squeeze; to compress; to pack; to crowd
つめ込む 【つめこむ】、詰込む 【つめこむ】
1. being forced to commit seppuku
2. to be forced to bear responsibility and resign from one's positionSee also 詰め腹を切らされる
1. chess problem; composed shogi problem
2. TsumeshogiTsumeshogi or tsume is the Japanese term for a shogi prob... Read more
1. to repack; to refill
詰替える 【つめかえる】、詰め換える 【つめかえる】、詰換える 【つめかえる】
1. combination; assortment (of goods); assorted basket or box (e.g. of chocolates)
詰合せ 【つめあわせ】、詰合わせ 【つめあわせ】、詰め合せ 【つめあわせ】
1. to crowd (a house); to throng to (a door)
詰掛ける 【つめかける】、詰めかける 【つめかける】
1. to draw near; to draw closer
2. to press (e.g. for an answer); to hound
詰めよる 【つめよる】、詰寄る 【つめよる】
1. kimono with completely attached sleeves (i.e. lacking an opening on the side under the armpit)See also 八つ口
詰袖: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. bargaining; negotiation
2. turning one's body to the left or right and standing (when leaving the presence of nobility, etc.)
3. sailing close-hauled; sailing on a close reach
詰め開き 【つめびらき】、詰開き 【つめひらき】、詰開き 【つめびらき】
1. stuffing a shopping container for a fixed price
つめ放題 【つめほうだい】、詰放題 【つめほうだい】