Words — 44 found
1. stuffing; packingづめ when a suffix
- The trains were jammed with commuters.
2. end (esp. the foot of a bridge)
3. lowest-ranking guest at tea ceremony
4. tea master
5. endgame (esp. in shogi or used figuratively)
- You kept putting off working on the fine details on this project so it ended up lacking the finishing touches.
6. sweet eel sauceAbbreviation
7. middle-aged womanArchaism
8. appointment to a particular workplace
9. using as the sole ground of judgement (judgment)
10. continuing; keep doing for period of timeafter the -masu stem of a verb
- お 。
- We sat up half the night just talking.
詰め 【づめ】、詰 【つめ】、詰 【づめ】
1. dull; uninteresting; boring; tediousUsually written using kana alone
- That new movie was a bummer.
2. insignificant; unimportant; trifling; trivial; worthlessUsually written using kana alone
- いんねん 。
- He often uses the slightest thing as a pretext for a fight with anybody.
3. absurd; foolish; silly; stupidUsually written using kana alone
4. useless; pointless; disappointingUsually written using kana alone
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. that is to say; that is; in other words; I mean; that (this, it) meansUsually written using kana alone
2. in short; in brief; to sum up; ultimately; in the end; in the long run; when all is said and done; what it all comes down to; when you get right down to it; basicallyUsually written using kana alone
3. clogging; obstruction; stuffing; (degree of) blockageUsually written using kana alone
4. shrinkageUsually written using kana alone
5. end; conclusionUsually written using kana alone, See also とどのつまり
6. dead end; cornerUsually written using kana alone, Archaism
7. distress; being at the end of one's ropeUsually written using kana alone, Archaism
1. to stuff into; to jam; to cram; to pack; to fill; to plug; to stop up
- We've got to fill this hole with something.
2. to shorten; to move closer together
- Could I have this blouse taken in, please?
3. to reduce (spending); to conserve
4. to focus intently on; to strain oneself to doSee also 根を詰める, usu. as 根を詰める
5. to go through thoroughly; to work out (details); to bring to a conclusion; to wind up
6. to be on duty; to be stationed
7. to corner (esp. an opponent's king in shogi); to trap; to checkmate
8. to cut off (one's finger as an act of apology); to catch (one's finger in a door, etc.)See also 指を詰める, the meaning "to catch one's finger" is predominantly used in Kansai
9. to do non-stop; to do continuously; to keep doing (without a break)
10. to do completely; to do thoroughly
11. to force someone into a difficult situation by ...
1. to be packed (with); to be full (space, schedule, etc.)
- My throat feels clogged up.
2. to be blocked (road, pipe, nose, etc.); to be clogged; to be plugged upSee also 鼻が詰まる
3. to shorten (width, interval, etc.); to shrink (shirt, word form, etc.); to narrow
5. to end up; to be settledSee also 詰まる所 つまるところ
6. to become a geminate consonantSee also 促音 そくおん
7. to hit the ball near the handle of the batBaseball
1. to cram; to stuff; to jam; to squeeze; to compress; to pack; to crowd
つめ込む 【つめこむ】、詰込む 【つめこむ】
1. to rebuke; to scold; to tell off; to find fault; to harp on; to reproveUsually written using kana alone
2. to question persistently (in order to criticize or find fault with somebody)Usually written using kana alone
1. in short; in brief; to sum up; ultimately; in the end; in the long run; when all is said and done; what it all comes down to; when you get right down to itUsually written using kana alone, See also 詰まり つまり
詰まる所 【つまるところ】、つまる所 【つまるところ】、詰まる処 【つまるところ】、つまる処 【つまるところ】
1. being forced to commit seppuku
2. to be forced to bear responsibility and resign from one's positionSee also 詰め腹を切らされる
1. chess problem; composed shogi problem
2. TsumeshogiTsumeshogi or tsume is the Japanese term for a shogi prob... Read more
2. CheckmateCheckmate (frequently shortened to mate) is a situation i... Read more
1. to clog; to block; to choke up; to jam; to obstruct
1. to repack; to refill
詰替える 【つめかえる】、詰め換える 【つめかえる】、詰換える 【つめかえる】
1. to draw near; to draw closer
2. to press (e.g. for an answer); to hound
詰めよる 【つめよる】、詰寄る 【つめよる】
1. combination; assortment (of goods); assorted basket or box (e.g. of chocolates)
詰合せ 【つめあわせ】、詰合わせ 【つめあわせ】、詰め合せ 【つめあわせ】