Words — 1 found
1. to stuff into; to jam; to cram; to pack; to fill; to plug; to stop up
- We've got to fill this hole with something.
2. to shorten; to move closer together
- Could I have this blouse taken in, please?
3. to reduce (spending); to conserve
4. to focus intently on; to strain oneself to doSee also 根を詰める, usu. as 根を詰める
5. to go through thoroughly; to work out (details); to bring to a conclusion; to wind up
6. to be on duty; to be stationed
7. to corner (esp. an opponent's king in shogi); to trap; to checkmate
8. to cut off (one's finger as an act of apology); to catch (one's finger in a door, etc.)See also 指を詰める, the meaning "to catch one's finger" is predominantly used in Kansai
9. to do non-stop; to do continuously; to keep doing (without a break)
10. to do completely; to do thoroughly
11. to force someone into a difficult situation by ...