Words — 320 found
1. thing; object; article; stuff; substance
- Don't beat around the bush.
2. one's things; possessions; property; belongingsas 〜のもの, 〜のもん
- Robert used to help his father in the store on weekends.
3. things; something; anything; everything; nothing
- I'd like to see your sister.
- Wilson's solution is similar to Hudson's in that they used the same constants.
5. reason; the way of things
6. used to emphasize emotion, judgment, etc.; used to indicate a common occurrence in the past (after a verb in past tense); used to indicate a general tendency; used to indicate something that should happenUsually written using kana alone, formal noun often used as 〜ものだ
- こ 、
- I used to come to this beach when I was a boy.
7. item classified as ...; item related to ...; work in the genre of ...Usually written using kana alone
8. cause of ...; cause for ...
9. somehow; somewhat; for some reasonOnly applies to もの, See also 物寂しい ものさびしい
10. really; trulyOnly applies to もの, See also 物珍しい ものめずらしい
1. prices of commodities; prices (in general); cost-of-living
2. Price indexA price index is a normalized average of prices for a giv... Read more
1. story; tale; narrative; account; fable; legend
2. Monogatariis a literary form in traditional Japanese literature, an... Read more
物語り: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. material; substance
3. MatterMatter is anything that occupies space and has rest mass.... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. object; body; solid
2. Physical bodyIn physics, a physical body or physical object (sometimes... Read more
1. laws of nature; physical laws
2. physicsAbbreviation, See also 物理学
1. to tell (a story); to give an account of (an event, experience, etc.); to relate; to recount
- ものがた 。
- This story says a lot about what has happened to America.
2. to tell of; to show; to indicate; to prove; to attest to
- ものがた 。
- The child's good health says a great deal for maternal care.
1. storage room; storeroom; lumber room
物置き: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. terrific; staggering; tremendous; incredible; extremeUsually written using kana alone
- She has a gigantic appetite.
2. frightful; ghastly; horrific; terrible; awful; gruesome; eerieUsually written using kana alone
- The sound of an awful scream made him shudder.
1. wasteful; a wasteUsually written using kana alone
2. too good; more than one deserves; unworthy ofUsually written using kana alone
3. impious; profane; sacrilegiousUsually written using kana alone
勿体無い 【もったいない】、物体ない 【もったいない】、物体無い 【もったいない】
1. public discussion; public criticism; controversy
1. unsatisfied; unsatisfactory; insufficient
Common word Links
2. PhysicsPhysics is a natural science that involves the study of m... Read more