Words — 91 found
1. good; advantage; benefit; welfareUsually written using kana alone, See also 為に
- I am ready to do anything for you.
2. sake; purpose; objective; aimUsually written using kana alone
- にち 、３１
- やす 。
- I'm taking bereavement leave on Jan. 30 and 31.
3. consequence; result; effectUsually written using kana alone
- It is in order to hear your voice well.
4. affecting; regarding; concerningUsually written using kana alone
爲 【ため】、為め 【ため】
爲: Out-dated kanji. 為め: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to become; to get; to grow; to be; to reach; to attainUsually written using kana alone
- When you go, I'll miss you very much.
2. to result in; to prove to be
- The news turned out true in a week.
3. to consist of; to be composed of
- な 。
- Nine players make up a team.
4. to succeed; to be complete
5. to change into; to be exchanged for
6. to play a roleSee also 成り済ます
7. to be promotedShogi term
8. to do ...Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), as お+masu-stem+になる, ご+noun+になる, etc.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. money order; draft
- Arranging this money order cost $50 in bank fees and commissions.
2. exchange (e.g. foreign)
3. Money orderA money order is a payment order for a pre-specified amou... Read more
かわし: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. to doHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Usually written using kana alone
1. to build up; to establishUsually written using kana alone, esp. 成す
- も 。
- He has an ambition to make a name for himself as a writer.
2. to form; to become (a state)Usually written using kana alone, esp. 成す
- Locusts came in big swarms.
3. to accomplish; to achieve; to succeed inUsually written using kana alone
- Human beings have achieved a lot more than animals.
4. to change intoUsually written using kana alone
- ちが 。
- You don't practice what you preach.
5. to do; to performUsually written using kana alone, esp. 為す
6. to intend to; to attempt; to tryArchaism
1. to do; to carry out; to performUsually written using kana alone
- い 。
- He said, "I will say nothing more, because I hate making excuses."
2. to cause to become; to make (into); to turn (into)Usually written using kana alone
- They will help you to get warm.
3. to serve as; to act as; to work asUsually written using kana alone
- かえ 。
- He used a headache as an excuse for leaving early.
4. to wear (clothes, a facial expression, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
- Don't make such a sour face.
5. to judge as being; to view as being; to think of as; to treat as; to use asUsually written using kana alone, as 〜にする,〜とする
6. to decide on; to chooseUsually written using kana alone, as 〜にする
- All right. I'll take it.
7. to be sensed (of a smell, noise, etc.)Usually written using kana alone, as 〜がする
- This soup smells horrible. Do you think it's gone off?
8. to be (in a state, condition, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
9. to be worth; to costUsually written using kana alone
10. to pass (of time); to elapseUsually written using kana alone
- しゅっぱつ 。
- He is leaving in three days.
11. to place, or raise, person A to a post or status BUsually written using kana alone, as AをBにする
12. to transform A to B; to make A into B; to exchange A for BUsually written using kana alone, as AをBにする
13. to make use of A for B; to view A as B; to handle A as if it were BUsually written using kana alone, as AをBにする
14. to feel A about BUsually written using kana alone, as AをBにする
15. verbalizing suffix (applies to nouns noted in this dictionary with the part of speech "vs")Usually written using kana alone
17. to be just about to; to be just starting to; to try to; to attempt toUsually written using kana alone, See also とする, as 〜うとする,〜ようとする
為る: Out-dated kanji.
1. gesture; movement; action; behavior; behaviour; bearing; mannerism
- わらいだ 。
- The gesture fetched a laugh from the audience.
2. acting; performance
仕種 【しぐさ】、為種 【しぐさ】
JLPT N1 Links
1. custom; convention; tradition; mores; conventional practiceUsually written using kana alone
仕来たり 【しきたり】、為来り 【しきたり】、為来たり 【しきたり】
1. allowance; remittance; sending (someone) an allowance
1. to accomplish; to finish; to fulfill
成しとげる 【なしとげる】、為し遂げる 【なしとげる】
1. to overdo; to do too muchUsually written using kana alone
1. to begin (doing); to start (doing)
為始める 【しはじめる】、仕始める 【しはじめる】
1. hard to doUsually written using kana alone, suru verb ending
為難い 【しにくい】、し難い 【しにくい】、為難い 【しがたい】、し難い 【しがたい】
1. to do togetherUsually written using kana alone, See also 為る する
1. to make a mess; to perpetrate; to do; to finish up; to be guilty ofUsually written using kana alone
仕出来す 【しでかす】、為出かす 【しでかす】、為出来す 【しでかす】
為出かす: Out-dated kanji. 為出来す: Out-dated kanji.
1. to do over; to remake; to resume
仕直す 【しなおす】、為直す 【しなおす】、仕なおす 【しなおす】
1. to blunder; to fail; to make a mistake
し損じる 【しそんじる】、為損じる 【しそんじる】