Words — 116 found
1. song; singingOnly applies to 歌, Only applies to 唄, esp. 唄 for folk songs and shamisen songs
- おもいだ 。
- Whenever I hear this song, I am reminded of my school days.
2. classical Japanese poem (esp. tanka)Only applies to 歌, See also 短歌
3. modern poetryOnly applies to 歌, Only applies to 詩
4. SongIn music, a song is a composition for voice or voices, pe... Read more
唄 【うた】、詩 【うた】
1. to sing
- What did John sing on the stage?
2. to sing of (love, beauty, etc.) in a poem; to express in the form of a poem; to recite (a poem)esp. 歌う, 詠う
唄う 【うたう】、詠う 【うたう】、謡う 【うたう】、唱う 【うたう】
謡う: Rarely-used kanji form. 唱う: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. kabuki; traditional form of drama and music performed by male actors wearing makeup mainly in white and red
3. Kabukiis a classical Japanese dance-drama. Kabuki theatre is kn... Read more
歌舞妓: Rarely-used kanji form.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. karuta; traditional Japanese playing cardsUsually written using kana alone, From Portuguese “carta”
骨牌 【かるた】、加留多 【かるた】、嘉留太 【かるた】、軽板 【かるた】、軽多 【かるた】、賀留多 【かるた】、カルタ
歌留多: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 加留多: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form. 嘉留太: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form. 軽板: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 軽多: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 賀留多: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. song lyrics; words of a song; libretto
2. LyricsLyrics (in singular form lyric) are a set of words that m... Read more
1. song; singing
2. SingingSinging is the act of producing musical sounds with the v... Read more
1. kabuki troupe; kabuki theater (theatre)
- What is the program of the Kabuki for next month?
2. Kabuki-za (theatre in Tokyo)
3. Kabuki-zaKabuki-za in Ginza was the principal theater in Tokyo for... Read more
1. kayōkyoku; form of Japanese popular music that developed during the Showa era
2. (Western) pop songearly Showa era term
3. Kayōkyokuis a Japanese pop music genre, which became a base of mod... Read more
1. poetry contest
2. Utaawase, poetry contests or waka matches, are a distinctive feat... Read more
歌合わせ 【うたあわせ】、歌合せ 【うたあわせ】
1. melody; tune; song
2. LiedLied is a German word literally meaning "song". It usuall... Read more
1. (waka) poetic sentiment; waka-composing mood; solid grounding in waka; meaning of a waka poem
1. to sing at the top of one's voice; to belt out a song
2. to express one's feelings fully in a poem; to praise in poetry