Words — 38 found
1. songOnly applies to 歌, Only applies to 唄, 唄 is primarily used for shamisen songs
- おもいだ 。
- Whenever I hear this song, I am reminded of my school days.
2. classical Japanese poetry (esp. tanka)Only applies to 歌, See also 短歌
3. modern poetryOnly applies to 歌, Only applies to 詩
4. SongIn music, a song is a composition for voice or voices, pe... Read more
唄 【うた】、詩 【うた】
1. to sing
- What did John sing on the stage?
2. to sing (one's praises in a poem, etc.); to compose a poem; to recite a poemesp. 歌う, 詠う
唄う 【うたう】、謡う 【うたう】、詠う 【うたう】、唱う 【うたう】
Common word Links
1. poetry contest
2. Utaawase, poetry contests or waka matches, are a distinctive feat... Read more
歌合わせ 【うたあわせ】、歌合せ 【うたあわせ】
1. to sing at the top of one's voice; to belt out a song
2. to express one's feelings fully in a poem; to praise in poetry
1. (waka) poetic sentiment; waka-composing mood; solid grounding in waka; meaning of a waka poem
1. to sing energetically; to sing with abandonSee also 捲る まくる
- うた ！
- Recently, what with this and that, I haven't been able to sing so today I sang like there's no tomorrow!
1. gathering of men and women who sang courtship songs to each other and danced; dancing and singing feast of young men and women in ancient JapanArchaism
2. UtagakiUtagaki (歌垣), also read kagai, was an ancient Japanese ri... Read more
1. place that is often written about in waka poetry
2. oft-repeated descriptive epithets in poetry
3. UtamakuraUtamakura is a rhetorical concept in Japanese poetry.