Words — 40 found
1. song; singingOnly applies to 歌, Only applies to 唄, esp. 唄 for folk songs and shamisen songs
- おもいだ 。
- Whenever I hear this song, I am reminded of my school days.
2. classical Japanese poem (esp. tanka)Only applies to 歌, See also 短歌
3. modern poetryOnly applies to 歌, Only applies to 詩
4. SongIn music, a song is a composition for voice or voices, pe... Read more
唄 【うた】、詩 【うた】
1. to sing
- What did John sing on the stage?
2. to sing of (love, beauty, etc.) in a poem; to express in the form of a poem; to recite (a poem)esp. 歌う, 詠う
唄う 【うたう】、詠う 【うたう】、謡う 【うたう】、唱う 【うたう】
謡う: Rarely-used kanji form. 唱う: Rarely-used kanji form.
Common word Links
1. poetry contest
2. Utaawase, poetry contests or waka matches, are a distinctive feat... Read more
歌合わせ 【うたあわせ】、歌合せ 【うたあわせ】
1. Imperial New Year's Poetry Reading; annual New Year's tanka-reading party held at the Imperial Palace
1. to sing at the top of one's voice; to belt out a song
2. to express one's feelings fully in a poem; to praise in poetry
1. (waka) poetic sentiment; waka-composing mood; solid grounding in waka; meaning of a waka poem
1. to sing energetically; to sing with abandonSee also 捲る まくる
- うた ！
- Recently, what with this and that, I haven't been able to sing so today I sang like there's no tomorrow!
1. place that is often written about in waka poetry
2. oft-repeated descriptive epithets in poetry
3. UtamakuraUtamakura is a rhetorical concept in Japanese poetry.
1. gathering of men and women who sang courtship songs to each other and danced; dancing and singing feast of young men and women in ancient JapanArchaism
2. UtagakiUtagaki (歌垣), also read kagai, was an ancient Japanese ri... Read more
1. first line (of a poem); first bars (of a melody)
歌い出し 【うたいだし】、唄い出し 【うたいだし】、唄いだし 【うたいだし】