Words — 93 found
1. ball; sphere; globe; orb
- う 。
- There were beads of sweat on his forehead.
2. bead (of sweat, dew, etc.); drop; droplet
- A nickel is a five-cent coin.
3. ball (in sports)esp. 球
- Adversity makes a man wise, not rich.
4. pile (of noodles, etc.)
5. bulletesp. 弾; also written as 弾丸
- The bullet just shaved his cheek.
6. bulb (i.e. a light bulb)esp. 球
7. lens (of glasses, etc.)
8. bead (of an abacus)esp. 玉,珠
9. ball (i.e. a testicle)Slang, Abbreviation, See also 金玉 きんたま, esp. 玉
10. gem; jewel (esp. spherical; sometimes used figuratively); pearlesp. 玉,珠; also written as 璧
11. female entertainer (e.g. a geisha)
12. person (when commenting on their nature); characterDerogatory
13. item, funds or person used as part of a plot
- That's because, you see, I've known he isn't that sort of person from a long time back.
14. eggSee also 玉子
15. coinusu. だま
16. precious; beautiful; excellent
球 【たま】、珠 【たま】、弾 【たま】
1. to spring; to bound; to bounce
- とびこ 。
- The ball bounced over the wall.
2. to be stimulated; to be encouraged; to get lively
- はず 。
- His heart bounded with expectation.
3. to pay handsomely; to splurge; to part eagerly with (money, etc.)
4. to breathe hard; to pant; to be out of breathSee also 息が弾む いきがはずむ
1. bullet; shot; shell
2. BulletA bullet is a projectile propelled by a firearm, sling, o... Read more
1. oppression; suppression; pressure
2. OppressionOppression is the exercise of authority or power in a bur... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. spring (e.g. coil, leaf); mainspring; power springUsually written using kana alone
撥条 【ばね】、弾機 【ばね】、発条 【ぜんまい】、発条 【はつじょう】、撥条 【ぜんまい】、撥条 【はつじょう】、弾機 【だんき】、バネ
ばね: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). ばね: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). ばね: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading).
1. bounce; spring; rebound
2. momentum; impetus; impulse; stimulus; inertiaUsually written using kana alone
- The cheap dollar is charging up exports.
3. moment; instant; impulse; chanceUsually written using kana alone
- I don't know what motivated me to come here.
1. to flip; to snap; to flickUsually written using kana alone
- He flicked me in the face.
2. to repelUsually written using kana alone
- The raincoat sheds water perfectly.
3. to use (an abacus); to calculateUsually written using kana alone
4. to strum; to pluck the strings (of a guitar, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
1. elasticity; resilience; flexibility; adaptability
2. Elasticity (economics)In economics, elasticity is the measurement of how changi... Read more
1. to burst open; to split open; to pop
2. to be bursting with (e.g. youth, laughter, flavor)
3. to bounce; to bound
1. elastic operation; flexible management
- Can't you apply the rules a little more elastically?
2. WarheadThe term warhead refers to the explosive material and det... Read more
1. trajectory; line of fire
3. TrajectoryA trajectory is the path that a moving object follows thr... Read more
2. denunciation; accusation; censure; arraignment
3. ImpeachmentImpeachment is a formal process in which an official is a... Read more
1. ammunition; ammo
2. AmmunitionAmmunition is a generic term derived from the French lang... Read more
1. gun; pistolUsually written using kana alone, Slang, See also ピストル
- Don't let the cops find a heater on you.
2. tiddlywinks; marbles
2. Elasticity (physics)In physics, elasticity is a physical property of material... Read more