Words — 114 found
1. postponement; deferment; adjournment
1. to grow long (e.g. hair, nails)esp. 伸ばす
- The boy persisted in wearing his hair long.
2. to lengthen; to extend; to stretch
- の 。
- The impudent child extended her legs across my lap.
3. to reach out; to hold outesp. 伸ばす
- He reached out and took down a small leather bound book.
4. to straighten; to smooth out
- の 。
- I can't straighten my right arm.
5. to spread evenly (dough, cream, etc.)
6. to dilute; to thin out
7. to postponeesp. 延ばす
- Don't put off the work till tomorrow.
8. to prolong
- I'd like to stay one more night. Is that possible?
9. to strengthen; to develop; to expand
- The purpose of the committee is to develop children's musical talent.
1. to stretch; to extend; to lengthen; to grow (of hair, height, grass, etc.)
- This sweater is all stretched out of shape.
2. to straighten out; to be flattened; to become smooth
3. to spread (of paint, cream, etc.)
4. to stretch out (e.g. of a hand); to extend
5. to lose elasticity; to become slack; to become soggy (e.g. noodles)
6. to make progress; to develop; to expand; to increase; to improveOnly applies to 伸びる
7. to be exhausted; to be groggy; to pass out; to collapseOnly applies to 伸びる
8. to be prolonged (meeting, life span, etc.); to be extended (e.g. deadline); to lengthen (e.g. of the days)Only applies to 延びる
9. to be postponed; to be delayed; to be put offOnly applies to 延びる
- The meeting has been put off until next week.
1. extension; elongation; prolongation; lengthening
- Can I extend my stay one more night?
2. Enchō era (923.4.11-931.4.26)
1. to crawl; to creep; to go on all fours
2. to slither; to wriggle
3. to trail (of vines, flowers, etc.); to spread; to creep
匍う 【はう】、延う 【はう】
匍う: Rarely-used kanji form. 延う: Rarely-used kanji form.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
2. credit (buying)
4. total (preceding counter, unit, etc.); aggregate; gross
- いちにち ４３０
- Our fighters averaged 430 missions a day.
1. growth; development
- It's high time you had your hair cut; it has grown too long.
2. stretching (one's body, e.g. when waking up)
- お 、
- Ha-ha, you always stretch when class is over don't you?
3. (ability to) spread (of paint, cream, etc.)
4. elongation; extension; carry (e.g. of sound); sustain
1. arrears; (being) overdue; delay (e.g. in payment); procrastination
1. growth rate; coefficient of extension
延び率: Irregular kanji usage.
1. forever; endlessly; on and on
- だれひとり 、
- つづ 。
- The argument lasted a long time because nobody would admit to being in the wrong.
2. meandering; wandering; winding; sinuous; serpentine; zigzagging
- ながれ 。
- The Amazon River meanders through northern Brazil.
延延 【えんえん】、蜿蜒 【えんえん】、蜿蜿 【えんえん】、蜿々 【えんえん】
1. extending stay (somewhere)
- I'd like to stay another night if I can.
1. keeping alive longer; prolonging life; life extension; life-support
えんみょう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
JLPT N1 Links
1. by extension; in turn; by the same token; in addition; as well; consequentlyUsually written using kana alone