Words — 111 found
1. to be (of animate objects); to existUsually written using kana alone, See also 在る
- Some have lost faith in democracy.
2. to stayUsually written using kana alone
- Which would you rather do, go to the cinema or stay at home?
3. to be ...-ing; to have been ...-ingUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb; indicates continuing action or state
- I haven't quite finished eating.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. residence; abode; dwelling
2. Residency (domicile)This article deals with personal residence in a given pla... Read more
1. nodding off (while sitting); dozing
1. izakaya; Japanese bar that also serves various dishes and snacks
2. IzakayaAn izakaya is a type of Japanese drinking establishment w... Read more
1. to be (animate); to be; to existUsually written using kana alone, Humble (kenjougo) language
- This was he of whom I said, "He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me."
2. to be ..ingafter the -te form of a verb; indicates continuing action or state
- They're all fine, thank you.
3. to (have the audacity to) doSee also やがる, after -masu base of verb; indicates contempt or disdain for another's actions
1. living room (Western style); sitting room
2. Living roomIn Western architecture, a living room or lounge room is ... Read more
1. to happen to be present
居合せる 【いあわせる】、居あわせる 【いあわせる】
Common word Links
1. whereabouts; place; location
2. place where one belongs; where one fits in; place where one can be oneself
1. to sit upright; to sit up straight
2. to take a defiant attitude; to become aggressive; to take the offensive
- いなお 。
- He changed his attitude suddenly.
1. working overtime
2. detention; being kept in (e.g. after school)
- Tom was given detention for talking during class.
1. sunken hearth; sunken fireplace
2. IroriIrori (いろり, 囲炉裏, 居炉裏) are a type of traditional sunken he... Read more
居炉裏 【いろり】、囲炉裡 【いろり】
囲炉裏: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 居炉裏: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 囲炉裡: Ateji (phonetic) reading.