Words — 65 found
1. living room (Western style); sitting room
2. Living roomIn Western architecture, a living room or lounge room is ... Read more
1. to be (of animate objects); to existUsually written using kana alone, See also 在る
- Some have lost faith in democracy.
2. to stayUsually written using kana alone
- Which would you rather do, go to the cinema or stay at home?
3. to be ...-ing; to have been ...-ingUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb; indicates continuing action or state
- I haven't quite finished eating.
1. nodding off (while sitting); dozing
居睡り: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. izakaya; Japanese bar that also serves various dishes and snacks
2. IzakayaAn izakaya is a type of Japanese drinking establishment w... Read more
1. to happen to be present
居合せる 【いあわせる】、居あわせる 【いあわせる】
Common word Links
1. whereabouts; place; location
2. place where one belongs; where one fits in; place where one can be oneself
1. to remain; to stay (somewhere)
居坐る 【いすわる】、居据わる 【いすわる】
居坐る: Rarely-used kanji form. 居据わる: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to sit upright; to sit up straight
2. to take a defiant attitude; to become aggressive; to take the offensive
- いなお 。
- He changed his attitude suddenly.
1. working overtime
2. detention; being kept in (e.g. after school)
- Tom was given detention for talking during class.
1. sunken hearth; sunken fireplace
2. IroriIrori (いろり, 囲炉裏, 居炉裏) are a type of traditional sunken he... Read more
居炉裏 【いろり】、囲炉裡 【いろり】
囲炉裏: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 居炉裏: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 囲炉裡: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. high-handed; overbearing
威丈高 【いたけだか】、威猛高 【いたけだか】
威猛高: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. comfortable (to live in); snug; cozy; cosy
- I'll make the room comfortable.
居心地良い 【いごこちいい】、居心地良い 【いごこちよい】、居心地よい 【いごこちよい】