Words — 85 found
1. fox (esp. the red fox, Vulpes vulpes)Usually written using kana alone
- The hunting dogs followed the scent of the fox.
2. fox (i.e. a sly person)Usually written using kana alone
3. soba or udon topped with deep-fried tofuUsually written using kana alone, See also 狐うどん きつねうどん
4. light brown; golden brownAbbreviation, Usually written using kana alone, See also きつね色
6. FoxFox is a common name for many species of omnivorous mamma... Read more
狐 【けつね】、狐 【きつ】、キツネ
きつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. smoking (tobacco)
2. Tobacco smokingTobacco smoking is the practice where tobacco is burned a... Read more
喫烟: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. tough; hard; severe; demanding; harsh
- Whew! This is a tough hill. But coming back sure will be a breeze.
2. determined; strong-minded; forceful; formidable; fierce
3. strong (e.g. sunlight, alcohol); severe; intense
- う 。
- Tom received a heavy blow on the head.
4. (too) tight; constricting; close
- The waist is a little small.
5. extreme; unusually strong
1. care of (e.g. address on letter); c/o
2. encouragement; bringing around; resuscitationOnly applies to きつけ
3. stimulant; tonic; restorativeAbbreviation, Only applies to きつけ, See also 気付け薬
気付け 【きつけ】、気付 【きづけ】、気付 【きつけ】
1. rain shower while the sun shines; sun shower
2. procession of will-o'-the-wisps seen at night; jack-o'-lantern parade
きつねの嫁入り 【きつねのよめいり】、キツネの嫁入り 【キツネのよめいり】
1. dressing (esp. in kimono); fitting; helping someone get dressed
2. outer garment (in kabuki)
1. woodpeckerUsually written using kana alone
啄木鳥 【たくぼくちょう】、啄木鳥 【けら】、啄木鳥 【けらつつき】、キツツキ
きつつき: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). けら: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). けらつつき: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading).
1. festival for requests and expressions of thanks to the gods (Okinawa)
1. to put on; to wear
2. to get used to wearing
1. smoking car; (rental) car in which smoking is allowed
2. smoking car (in a train); smoking carriage