Words — 2769 found
2. wedge; chock
4. ArrowAn arrow is a shafted projectile that is shot with a bow.... Read more
矢 【さ】、箭 【や】、箭 【さ】
さ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. さ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word Links
1. such things as ...; and ... andused for non-exhaustive lists related to a specific time and place
- You'll soon come to enjoy the food and drink here.
2. the minute (that) ...; no sooner than ...; as soon asSee also や否や, after the dictionary form of a verb
3. be; isKansai dialect, See also だ
4. o; ohpunctuational exclamation in haiku, renga, etc.
- I guess I'm never going to get married.
5. huh; whatinterjection expressing surprise
6. hiMale term or language
7. yes; what?Archaism
8. yes?; no?; is it?; isn't it?Archaism, indicates a question
9. Ya (kana)や, in hiragana, or ヤ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. disagreeable; detestable; unpleasant; reluctant
厭 【いや】、厭や 【いや】、嫌 【や】、厭 【や】、イヤ
厭や: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. eight; 8捌 is used in legal documents
八 【や】、８ 【はち】、８ 【や】、捌 【はち】、捌 【や】
1. plain; field
2. hidden (structural) memberOnly applies to の
3. wildOnly applies to の, See also 野ウサギ
- はな 。
- This wild rose gives off a sweet scent.
4. lacking a political postOnly applies to や
野 【や】、野 【ぬ】、埜 【の】、埜 【や】、埜 【ぬ】
ぬ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ぬ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. mountain; hill
- はい 、
- こた 。
- "I do not regret having gone into the forest and up the mountain," replied the younger brother.
2. mine (e.g. coal mine)
- もち 。
- It was used for raking together heaps of money.
3. heap; pile
4. crown (of a hat); thread (of a screw); tread (of a tire); protruding part of an object; high part
- You've sure got the teacher's number.
5. climax; peak; critical point
6. guess; speculation; gamble
7. criminal case; crimeSlang, police, crime reporter jargon
8. mountain climbing; mountaineering
9. festival float (esp. one mounted with a decorative halberd)See also 山鉾
10. deck (of playing cards on table, face down, from which cards are drawn); stackSee also 山札
11. wall; wall tileMahjong
12. temple; temple groundsArchaism
14. MountainError: image is invalid or non-existent A mountain is a l... Read more
2. VegetableThe noun vegetable means an edible plant or part of a pla... Read more
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. greengrocer; fruit and vegetable shop
2. GreengrocerA greengrocer or fruiterer is a retail trader in fruit an... Read more
2. RoofA roof is the covering on the uppermost part of a buildin... Read more
家根: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. part; assigning (allotment of) parts; role; duties
2. RoleA role or a social role is a set of connected behaviours,... Read more
役割り: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to be absent; to take a day off
- やす 。
- He often absents himself from meetings.
2. to rest; to have a break
- やす 。
- He rested for a while.
3. to go to bed; to (lie down to) sleep; to turn in; to retire
- やす 。
- Father is still in bed.
4. to stop doing some ongoing activity for a time; to suspend business
1. rest; recess; respite
- じ ４０
- We have a break from 10:40 to 11:00.
2. vacation; holiday; absence; suspension
- Where are you going on your vacation?
3. dormancy (of a silkworm prior to moulting)
1. cheap; inexpensive
- Aren't you selling this at a discount price?
2. calm; peaceful; quietOnly applies to 安い
2. eight years of age
3. two o'clock (old time system)
八つ 【やつ】、８つ 【やっつ】、８つ 【やつ】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. pharmacy; drugstore; chemist's (shop)
2. hospital pharmacy; dispensary
3. PharmacyPharmacy is the health profession that links the health s... Read more