Words — 227 found
1. mountain; hill
- はい 、
- こた 。
- "I do not regret having gone into the forest and up the mountain," replied the younger brother.
2. mine (e.g. coal mine)
- もち 。
- It was used for raking together heaps of money.
3. heap; pile
4. crown (of a hat); thread (of a screw); tread (of a tire); protruding part of an object; high part
- You've sure got the teacher's number.
5. climax; peak; critical point
6. guess; speculation; gamble
7. criminal case; crimeSlang, police, crime reporter jargon
8. mountain climbing; mountaineering
9. festival float (esp. one mounted with a decorative halberd)See also 山鉾
10. deck (of playing cards on table, face down, from which cards are drawn); stackSee also 山札
11. wall; wall tileMahjong term
12. temple; temple groundsArchaism
14. MountainError: image is invalid or non-existent A mountain is a l... Read more
1. mountain range; mountain belt
2. Mountain rangeA mountain range is a geographic area containing numerous... Read more
1. forest fire; bushfire; wildfire
2. WildfireA wildfire is any uncontrolled fire in combustible vegeta... Read more
1. hut (esp. on a mountain); shack; refuge; shanty
2. Mountain hutA mountain hut (also known as alpine hut, mountain shelte... Read more
1. (many) mountains
- おも 。
- Much as I'd like to come, I'm afraid I'll be too busy.
2. very much (esp. wanting to do something one cannot); greatly; reallyUsually written using kana alone, often as 〜のはやまやまである, etc.
- と 。
- The mountains in this part of the country are full of variety.
1. mountain road; mountain trail
山道 【さんどう】、山道 【せんどう】
1. mountain climbing; mountaineering
1. mountainous district
2. Montane ecologyMontane ecology is the branch of ecology that studies lif... Read more
1. lots of; a ton of; a mountain of; piles of; heaps of; so many; so much
1. Yamagata (city, prefecture)
2. mountain shape; chevron; cone
2. Yamanote (hilly residential section of western Tokyo, incl. Yotsuya, Aoyama, Koishikawa, Hongo, Ichigaya, Akasaka, Azabu and surrounds)See also 下町 したまち
3. place near the mountainsSee also 山手 やまて
5. Yamanote and ShitamachiYamanote and Shitamachi and Shitamachi are traditional na... Read more
山手: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. mountain witch; yamauba
2. Yama-uba, Yamamba or Yamanba are variations on the name of a yōka... Read more