Words — 352 found
1. to come (spatially or temporally); to approach; to arrive
- き 。
- I'll come by 10.
2. to come back; to do ... and come backUsually written using kana alone, See also 行って来る, after the -te form of a verb
- My father insisted that I should go to see the place.
3. to come to be; to become; to get; to grow; to continueUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb
4. to come from; to be caused by; to derive from
5. to come to (i.e. "when it comes to spinach ...")See also と来たら
來る: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to reel; to wind; to spin (thread)
- たし 。
- I counted the days to see when it had happened.
2. to turn (pages); to flip through (a book); to leaf through (a book); to consult (a dictionary); to refer to (an encyclopedia)
3. to count (e.g. the days)
4. to open one-by-one; to close one-by-one (e.g. shutters)
1. ricketsUsually written using kana alone, See also 佝僂病
2. someone suffering from rickets
1. to gouge; to hollow out; to bore; to excavate; to scoop outUsually written using kana alone
2. to greatly perturb; to cause emotional painUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to えぐる
3. to get to the bottom of things; to relentlessly bring the truth to lightUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to えぐる
刳る 【えぐる】、剔る 【えぐる】、刳る 【くる】
1. car; automobile; vehicle
- You cannot be too careful when you drive a car.
1. painful; difficult; tough; hard
- くる 、
- It's so painful. Stop it!
2. distressing; (psychologically) difficult; stressful; awkward (e.g. position)
- He meditated on his past life of suffering.
3. straitened (circumstances); tight (financial situation); needy; struggling
- くる 。
- His family is rather badly off.
4. strained (interpretation, explanation, etc.); lame (e.g. excuse); forced (e.g. smile); far-fetched
1. to suffer; to groan; to be worried
1. to go mad; to lose one's mind; to go crazy; to go insane
- ちが 。
- He must be crazy to talk like that.
2. to get out of order; to go amiss; to malfunction; to become imprecise
- とけい 、
- Does your watch keep good time?
3. to go wrong (of a plan or expectation, etc.); to fall through; to get mixed up
- お 、
- A lot of things happened and my schedule was messed up.
4. to go crazy (over someone or something); to get enthusiastic; to go wild
- くる 。
- He is mad about tennis.
1. to torment; to pain; to inflict (physical) pain; to hurt
2. to harass; to cause (emotional) pain; to afflict; to distress; to bother; to trouble; to stump; to baffle
1. to wrap up; to pack; to bundle; to do up
- つつ 。
- She wrapped the present in paper.
2. to cover; to envelop; to shroud; to engulfusu. in the passive
- つつ 。
- The island was enveloped in a thick fog.
3. to conceal (a feeling); to hide
4. to give (money in an envelope; as a wedding gift, funeral offering, etc.)
裹む: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. pain; anguish; distress; suffering; hardship
2. SufferingSuffering, or pain in a broad sense, is an experience of ... Read more
2. WheelchairA wheelchair is a chair with wheels, designed to be a rep... Read more
1. walnut (Juglans spp., esp. Juglans regia)Usually written using kana alone
1. day after day; day in and day out; every single day
1. to drive mad; to upset; to disturb; to confuse
- くる 。
- She drives me mad.
2. to cause a malfunction; to throw out of kilter; to put out of order; to derail; to detune (e.g. instrument)