Words — 59 found
2. LipLips are a visible body part at the mouth of humans and m... Read more
Common word Links
1. lip service; mere words; professions
- Don't pay lip service to me.
2. lips; mouth; snout; proboscis
- The words are on the tip of my tongue, but I don't quite know how to put what I want to say.
1. mouth; lips
2. shape of the mouth
3. near an entrance; vicinity of an entrance
口もと 【くちもと】、口許 【くちもと】
1. way of speaking; intimation
2. lips; mouth; snout; proboscisSee also 口先 くちさき
1. buzzword; vogue word; popular phrase; word (phrase) in fashion or on everybody's lips
1. to pull; to tug; to lead (e.g. a horse)
- ひ 。
- The curtains were drawn slowly.
3. to draw back (e.g. one's hand); to draw in (one's chin, stomach, etc.); to pull in
- Obviously a normal woman would lose interest if she saw a book like that!
4. to draw (a card, mahjong tile, etc.)
- The card you drew was a red, wasn't it?
5. to draw (a line, plan, etc.)See also 図面を引く
- Draw a line from A to B.
6. to catch (a cold)See also 風邪を引く
- I had a bad cold, and to make matters worse, it began snowing.
7. to play (a stringed or keyboard instrument)See also 弾く ひく
- John can't play the guitar.
8. to look up (e.g. a dictionary); to consultSee also 辞書を引く
- Look up the word in your dictionary.
9. to haul; to pull (vehicles)esp. 牽く
- み 。
- I saw a horse pulling a cart.
10. to subtract; to deduct
- のこ 。
- Two from ten leaves eight.
11. to recede; to ebb; to fade
- How many days will it take until the swelling goes down?
12. to be descend from; to inherit (a characteristic)
- ひ 。
- The writer was descended from the Greek royal family.
13. to quote; to cite; to raise (as evidence)
- Insofar as possible, our examples will be drawn from English.
14. to lay on (electricity, gas, etc.); to install (e.g. a telephone); to supply (e.g. water)
- ひ 。
- A submarine cable was laid between the two countries.
15. to hold (e.g. a note)
16. to apply (e.g. lipstick); to oil (e.g. a pan); to wax (e.g. a floor)
17. to move back; to draw back; to recedeSee also 退く ひく
18. to lessen; to subside; to ebbSee also 退く ひく
19. to resign; to retire; to quitSee also 退く ひく
曳く 【ひく】、牽く 【ひく】
1. to shineSee also 射す
- He went on walking in the rain without an umbrella.
2. to be visible
- Expressions and smiles change like that just from applying rouge and lipstick.
3. to be tinged with
4. to rise (of water levels); to flow in
6. to hold up (an umbrella, etc.); to put up; to raise
7. to extend one's arm straight ahead (in dance)See also 指す
8. to insert; to put inSee also 挿す
9. to wear (a sword) in one's belt; to wear at one's side; to carry under one's armSee also 挿す
10. to insert one's arm under an opponent's armSumo term
11. to pole (a boat)See also 刺す
12. to pour; to add (liquid); to serve (drinks)See also 注す
13. to put on (lipstick, etc.); to apply; to colour; to dye
14. to light (a fire); to burn
15. to shut; to close; to lock; to fastenSee also 鎖す さす
16. to stop in the midst of; to leave undoneSee also 止す さす, after the -masu stem of a verb
2. LipstickLipstick is a cosmetic product containing pigments, oils,... Read more