Words — 455 found
1. to fall down; to drop; to fall (e.g. rain); to sink (e.g. sun or moon); to fall onto (e.g. light or one's gaze); to be used in a certain place (e.g. money)
- Grandpa fell down the stairs and got a serious injury.
2. to be omitted; to be missing
- お 。
- As many as ten students failed the exam.
3. to decrease; to sink
- お 。
- The scandal hurt the company's reputation.
4. to fail (e.g. exam or class); to lose (contest, election, etc.)
- お 。
- This ink stain will not wash out.
5. to crash; to degenerate; to degrade; to fall behind
6. to become indecent (of a conversation)
7. to be ruined; to go under
8. to fade; to come out (e.g. a stain); to come off (e.g. makeup); to be removed (e.g. illness, possessing spirit, name on a list)See also 狐が落ちる きつねがおちる
9. to fall (into someone's hands); to become someone's possession
10. to fall (into a trap); to fall (for a trick)
11. to give in; to give up; to confess; to flee
12. to fall; to be defeated; to surrender
13. to come to (in the end); to end in
15. to swoon (judo)
16. to consent; to understandSee also 腑に落ちない ふにおちない
17. to go down (of a website, server, etc.); to crashComputer terminology
18. to log out (of an online game, chat room, etc.); to drop out; to leave; to go offlineSlang
19. to dieof animals
20. to move to the depthsof fish when it gets cold
21. to go down (of a website, server, etc.)Computer terminology
堕ちる 【おちる】、墜ちる 【おちる】、落る 【おちる】
落る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to drop; to lose; to let fall; to shed (light); to cast (one's gaze); to pour in (liquid); to leave behind
- Have I missed anything so far?
2. to clean off (dirt, makeup, paint, etc.); to remove (e.g. stains or facial hair); to lose; to spend money at a certain place; to omit; to leave out; to secretly let escape
- I couldn't scrub the stain out.
3. to lose (a match); to reject (an applicant); to fail (a course); to defeat (in an election)
- Are there any knacks, or good sites, for downloading Japanese software?
4. to lower (e.g. shoulders or voice); to lessen (e.g. production or body weight); to worsen (quality); to reduce (e.g. rank or popularity); to speak badly of; to make light of; to fall into straitened circumstances
5. to fall into (e.g. a dilemma or sin); to make one's own; to have one's bid accepted; to force surrender; to take (e.g. an enemy camp or castle); to forcefully convince; to press for a confession; to deal with
6. to download; to copy from a computer to another mediumComputer terminology
7. to make someone swoon (judo)Martial arts term
8. to finish a story (e.g. with the punch line)
9. to finish (a period, e.g. of fasting)
1. to calm down; to compose oneself; to regain presence of mind
2. to calm down; to settle down; to die down; to become stable; to abate
3. to settle down (in a location, job, etc.); to settle in
4. to be settled; to be fixed; to have been reachedof an arrangement, conclusion, etc.
5. to harmonize with; to harmonise with; to match; to suit; to fit
6. to be unobtrusive; to be quiet; to be subduedSee also 落ち着いた おちついた, usu. used pronominally as 落ち着いた
落ちつく 【おちつく】、落着く 【おちつく】、落ち付く 【おちつく】、落付く 【おちつく】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. failure (in an examination); failing to advance (to the next year)Antonym: 及第
2. falling short of the standard; not making the grade
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. smartly dressed; stylish; fashion-consciousUsually written using kana alone, See also 洒落 しゃれ
- She's fashionable.
2. someone smartly dressedUsually written using kana alone
3. to dress up; to be fashionableUsually written using kana alone
1. to feel down; to feel sad; to be depressed; to be in low spirits
- I get depressed by the slightest things.
2. to be in a slump (business, economy, etc.); to be in an unfavourable condition
- おちこ 。
- Compared with the level of a year ago, the price is sharply lower.
3. to fall into (e.g. a hole)
落込む 【おちこむ】、落ちこむ 【おちこむ】
1. fall; crash (e.g. aircraft)
1. fall; tumble; spill; plunge; dive
2. degradation; comedown; demotion; slump
1. fallen leaves; leaf litter; falling leaves
2. leaf fall; dropping leaves; defoliationOnly applies to らくよう
3. deciduousOnly applies to らくよう
落葉 【おちば】、落葉 【らくよう】
1. calmness; composure; presence of mind
2. stability; steadiness
落着き 【おちつき】、落ち付き 【おちつき】、落付き 【おちつき】
1. to overlook; to fail to notice; to miss (seeing)
1. to dress stylishly
2. to joke; to play on words
洒落る: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. scrawl; scribble; graffiti
2. GraffitiGraffiti is writing or drawings scribbled, scratched, or ... Read more
楽書き 【らくがき】、落書 【らくがき】、楽書 【らくがき】
1. slip; omission
2. outcome; final result; the end
- If you go on drinking so much, you may well end up an alcoholic.
3. punch line (of a joke)Usually written using kana alone, often オチ
- If you don't get the punch line, I'm sorry.
4. Punch lineA punch line (or punchline) is the final part of a joke, ... Read more
落: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word Links
1. pitfall; trap; pit
2. Trou de loupIn medieval fortification, a trou de loup (French for "wo... Read more
落し穴 【おとしあな】、陥し穴 【おとしあな】、陥とし穴 【おとしあな】、陥穴 【おとしあな】
Common word Links
2. end; stopping place; conclusion
3. ParagraphA paragraph (from the Greek paragraphos, "to write beside... Read more
1. elopement; running away with a lover
2. Elopement (marriage)To elope, most literally, merely means to run away and to... Read more
駆落ち 【かけおち】、駈け落ち 【かけおち】、駈落ち 【かけおち】、欠け落ち 【かけおち】、欠落ち 【かけおち】
1. village; hamlet; settlement
2. Hamlet (place)A hamlet is a type of settlement. The definition of hamle... Read more