Words — 117 found
1. to hearOnly applies to 聞く
- You can hear English on Channel 1, and Japanese on Channel 7.
2. to listen (e.g. to music)esp. 聴く
- "Did you hear the lecture in that class yesterday?" asked the student.
3. to ask; to enquire; to query聴く is used in legal and official contexts
4. to hear about; to hear of; to learn ofOnly applies to 聞く
5. to follow (advice, order, etc.); to obey; to listen to; to comply withOnly applies to 聞く
6. to hear (e.g. a plea); to grant (a request); to accept (e.g. an argument); to give consideration toOnly applies to 聞く
7. to smell (esp. incense); to sample (a fragrance)Only applies to 聞く, See also 香を聞く
8. to taste (alcohol); to tryOnly applies to 聞く, also 利く
聴く 【きく】、訊く 【きく】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. the sense of hearing
2. Hearing (sense)Hearing is the ability to perceive sound by detecting vib... Read more
1. to be heard; to be audible
- き 。
- Oh, I can hear you clearly.
2. to be said to be; to be reputed
- He has a reputation as being straight as an arrow. He'd never get involved in corruption.
聞える 【きこえる】、聴こえる 【きこえる】、聴える 【きこえる】
聴こえる: Irregular kanji usage. 聴える: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to permit; to allow; to approve; to consent to
- It shouldn't be permitted to store samples of DNA.
2. to forgive; to pardon; to excuse; to tolerate
- As you are sorry, I'll forgive you.
3. to exempt (someone) from; to remit; to release; to let off
4. to acknowledge; to admitSee also 自他ともに許す
6. to give up (points in a game, distance in a race, etc.); to yield
赦す 【ゆるす】、聴す 【ゆるす】
JLPT N1 Links
2. StethoscopeThe stethoscope (from Greek στηθοσκόπιο, from στήθος, sté... Read more
1. listening; hearing
2. Hearing (law)In law, a hearing is a proceeding before a court or other... Read more
1. interception (email); wiretap; bug
2. Telephone tappingTelephone tapping (also wire tapping or wiretapping in Am... Read more
1. hearing aid
2. Hearing aidA hearing aid is an electroacoustic device which typicall... Read more
1. looking and listening; (television) viewing
2. attention; interest
してい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. hearing (of a statement, opinion, explanation, etc.); asking; questioning (e.g. a suspect); enquiry
2. listening (e.g. to the radio)
1. listening (to a lecture, hearing, parliament session, etc.); attending (without participating); sitting in (e.g. on a meeting); observing
1. to catch (someone's words); to make out; to follow; to understand
2. to ask about (a situation, circumstances, etc.); to inquire
聴き取る 【ききとる】、聞きとる 【ききとる】、聞取る 【ききとる】、聴取る 【ききとる】
1. to listen attentively to; to be lost in
聴き入る 【ききいる】、聞きいる 【ききいる】、聴きいる 【ききいる】、聞入る 【ききいる】、聴入る 【ききいる】