Words — 1 found
1. to hearOnly applies to 聞く
- You can hear English on Channel 1, and Japanese on Channel 7.
2. to listen (e.g. to music)esp. 聴く
- "Did you hear the lecture in that class yesterday?" asked the student.
3. to ask; to enquire; to query聴く is used in legal and official contexts
4. to hear about; to hear of; to learn ofOnly applies to 聞く
5. to follow (advice, order, etc.); to obey; to listen to; to comply withOnly applies to 聞く
6. to hear (e.g. a plea); to grant (a request); to accept (e.g. an argument); to give consideration toOnly applies to 聞く
7. to smell (esp. incense); to sample (a fragrance)Only applies to 聞く, See also 香を聞く
8. to taste (alcohol); to tryOnly applies to 聞く, also 利く
聴く 【きく】、訊く 【きく】