Words — 204 found
1. omen; sign of luck
- きよ 。
- We sprinkle salt to ward off bad luck.
2. origin; history; causation
3. dependent arising; doctrine that everything has a cause and there is nothing that arises out of nothingBuddhist term, Abbreviation, See also 因縁生起, orig. meaning
4. PratītyasamutpādaThe doctrine of dependent origination or dependent arisin... Read more
いんえん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word Links
1. blood relationship; consanguinity
- でき 。
- Truthfully, at that time, I didn't have the first idea about such talk: family links, blood relations or whatever.
2. blood relative
3. ConsanguinityConsanguinity ("blood relation", from the Latin consangui... Read more
けちえん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. frame (e.g. picture frame, decorative door frame, etc.)
2. Picture frameA picture frame is a decorative edging for a picture, suc... Read more
2. GlaucomaGlaucoma is an eye disease in which the optic nerve is da... Read more
縁内障: Irregular kanji usage.
1. reason; significance; cause
2. piece of information that one has heard; I hear that ...; it is said that ...Only applies to 由
因 【よし】、縁 【よし】
1. unrelated; unconnected; irrelevant; indifferent; divorced from; having nothing to do with one; being foreign to oneAntonym: 有縁
2. without relations (esp. of a deceased person); having no surviving relatives
3. unrelated to the teachings of Buddha; unable to be saved by BuddhaBuddhist term, Antonym: 有縁
JLPT N1 Links
1. therefore; consequently; accordingly; for that reasonUsually written using kana alone
仍って 【よって】、依って 【よって】、依て 【よって】、仍て 【よって】
1. fate; destiny
- It was her fate to die young.
2. connection; tie; bond; origin
3. pretext; justification
4. hetu and prataya (direct causes and indirect conditions, which underlie the actions of all things)Buddhist term
Common word Links
1. breaking off relations; disconnection
2. insulation (esp. electrical); isolation
- An insulated soft-wood room and a good heater are the absolute necessities for a sauna.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. unconnected; weakly related; alien; far beyond (one's means, ability)
- えんどお 。
- The adventures I read about are absent from my life.
2. having little prospect of marriage
1. betrothal; wedding; marriage into a family; matrimonial alliance
2. adoptionLaw, etc. term, See also 養子縁組 ようしえんぐみ
1. curb (stone); kerb
2. Curb (road)</div> A curb (American English), or kerb, is the edge wh... Read more
縁石 【ふちいし】、縁石 【へりいし】
1. marriage proposal; marriage talks
JLPT N3 Links
1. fate; destiny (esp. as a mysterious force that binds two people together)
- きれめ 。
- The end of money is the end of love.
2. relationship (e.g. between two people); bond; link; connection
- Our connection may be cut on paper but the bonds of old remain as they were.
3. family ties; affinity
4. opportunity; chance (to meet someone and start a relationship)Only applies to えん
5. pratyaya (indirect conditions, as opposed to direct causes)Buddhist term, Only applies to えん, See also 因
6. narrow open-air verandaOnly applies to えん, also written as 椽
縁 【えにし】、縁 【え】、縁 【えに】、江に 【えに】
江に: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. cliff edge; edge of a precipice
2. perilous position; critical moment; brink
1. have no relation to; have no luck with; not be fated toSee also 縁のない