Words — 80 found
JLPT N3 Links
1. fate; destiny (esp. as a mysterious force that binds two people together)
- きれめ 。
- The end of money is the end of love.
2. relationship (e.g. between two people); bond; link; connection
- Our connection may be cut on paper but the bonds of old remain as they were.
3. family ties; affinity
4. opportunity; chance (to meet someone and start a relationship)Only applies to えん
5. pratyaya (indirect conditions, as opposed to direct causes)Buddhist term, Only applies to えん, See also 因
6. narrow open-air verandaOnly applies to えん, also written as 椽
縁 【えにし】、縁 【え】、縁 【えに】、江に 【えに】
江に: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. reason; significance; cause
2. piece of information that one has heard; I hear that ...; it is said that ...Only applies to 由
因 【よし】、縁 【よし】
1. edge (of a river, woods, etc.); shoulder (of a road)Usually written using kana alone, sometimes べり as a suffix
2. rim; brim; hem; margin; fringe; selvageUsually written using kana alone
3. fabric border (of a tatami mat, etc.); edgingUsually written using kana alone
1. connection (to a person, place, etc.); relation; affinityUsually written using kana alone
所縁 【ゆかり】、所縁 【しょえん】
1. omen; sign of luck
- きよ 。
- We sprinkle salt to ward off bad luck.
2. origin; history; causation
3. dependent arising; doctrine that everything has a cause and there is nothing that arises out of nothingBuddhist term, Abbreviation, See also 因縁生起, orig. meaning
4. PratītyasamutpādaThe doctrine of dependent origination or dependent arisin... Read more
いんえん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
2. GlaucomaGlaucoma is an eye disease in which the optic nerve is da... Read more
縁内障: Irregular kanji usage.
JLPT N1 Links
1. therefore; consequently; accordingly; for that reasonUsually written using kana alone
仍って 【よって】、依って 【よって】、依て 【よって】、仍て 【よって】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. unconnected; weakly related; alien; far beyond (one's means, ability)
- えんどお 。
- The adventures I read about are absent from my life.
2. having little prospect of marriage
1. betrothal; wedding; marriage into a family; matrimonial alliance
2. adoptionLaw, etc. term, See also 養子縁組 ようしえんぐみ
1. curb (stone); kerb
2. Curb (road)</div> A curb (American English), or kerb, is the edge wh... Read more
縁石 【ふちいし】、縁石 【へりいし】
1. marriage proposal; marriage talks
1. unsung hero; person who does a thankless taskIdiomatic expression
1. have no relation to; have no luck with; not be fated toSee also 縁のない
1. temple festival; fair; fete day; day related to a particular deity and thought to bring divine blessing to those to celebrate it
2. EnnichiEnnichi (縁日; lit. "related day") is a day believed to hav... Read more