Words — 164 found
1. postponement; deferment; adjournment
1. to grow long (e.g. hair, nails)esp. 伸ばす
- The boy persisted in wearing his hair long.
2. to lengthen; to extend; to stretch
- の 。
- The impudent child extended her legs across my lap.
3. to reach out; to hold outesp. 伸ばす
- He reached out and took down a small leather bound book.
4. to straighten; to smooth out
- の 。
- I can't straighten my right arm.
5. to spread evenly (dough, cream, etc.)
6. to dilute; to thin out
7. to postponeesp. 延ばす
- Don't put off the work till tomorrow.
8. to prolong
- I'd like to stay one more night. Is that possible?
9. to strengthen; to develop; to expand
- The purpose of the committee is to develop children's musical talent.
1. to stretch; to extend; to lengthen; to grow (of hair, height, grass, etc.)
- This sweater is all stretched out of shape.
2. to straighten out; to be flattened; to become smooth
3. to spread (of paint, cream, etc.)
4. to stretch out (e.g. of a hand); to extend
5. to lose elasticity; to become slack; to become soggy (e.g. noodles)
6. to make progress; to develop; to expand; to increase; to improveOnly applies to 伸びる
7. to be exhausted; to be groggy; to pass out; to collapseOnly applies to 伸びる
8. to be prolonged (meeting, life span, etc.); to be extended (e.g. deadline); to lengthen (e.g. of the days)Only applies to 延びる
9. to be postponed; to be delayed; to be put offOnly applies to 延びる
- The meeting has been put off until next week.
1. extension; elongation; prolongation; lengthening
- Can I extend my stay one more night?
2. Enchō era (923.4.11-931.4.26)
1. to crawl; to creep; to go on all fours
2. to slither; to wriggle
3. to trail (of vines, flowers, etc.); to spread; to creep
匍う 【はう】、延う 【はう】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
2. credit (buying)
4. total (preceding counter, unit, etc.); aggregate; gross
- いちにち ４３０
- Our fighters averaged 430 missions a day.
1. growth; development
- It's high time you had your hair cut; it has grown too long.
2. stretching (one's body, e.g. when waking up)
- お 、
- Ha-ha, you always stretch when class is over don't you?
3. (ability to) spread (of paint, cream, etc.)
4. elongation; extension; carry (e.g. of sound); sustain
1. arrears; (being) overdue; delay (e.g. in payment); procrastination
1. growth rate; coefficient of extension
延び率: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to stretch larger
2. to enlarge (photos)
3. to delay (e.g. the end of a meeting)
引き延す 【ひきのばす】、引延ばす 【ひきのばす】、引延す 【ひきのばす】、引き伸ばす 【ひきのばす】、引き伸す 【ひきのばす】、引伸ばす 【ひきのばす】、引伸す 【ひきのばす】、引きのばす 【ひきのばす】
引延ばす: Irregular okurigana usage. 引延す: Irregular okurigana usage. 引伸ばす: Irregular okurigana usage. 引伸す: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to become overgrown; to grow thickUsually written using kana alone
2. to spread; to run rampant; to thrive; to prevail; to become powerfulUsually written using kana alone
- There is much crime in the big cities.
1. to hold out; to extend (e.g. one's hands); to stretch; to reach out for
2. to thrust (javelin)
3. to offer (e.g. aid, help, etc.)See also 手を差し伸べる
- I'll offer him what help I can.
差し延べる 【さしのべる】、差伸べる 【さしのべる】、差延べる 【さしのべる】
1. forever; endlessly; on and on
- だれひとり 、
- つづ 。
- The argument lasted a long time because nobody would admit to being in the wrong.
2. meandering; wandering; winding; sinuous; serpentine; zigzagging
- ながれ 。
- The Amazon River meanders through northern Brazil.
延延 【えんえん】、蜿蜒 【えんえん】、蜿蜿 【えんえん】、蜿々 【えんえん】
1. spread (e.g. of a disease); rampancy; infestation; proliferation; being widespread
まん延 【まんえん】、蔓衍 【まんえん】
1. standing on tiptoe and stretching one's back to make oneself taller; stretching oneself
2. overreaching oneself; overstretching oneself; trying to do something beyond one's ability; pushing to the limit
背のび 【せのび】、背延び 【せのび】