Words — 242 found
1. purse; handbag; wallet
2. WalletA wallet, or billfold, is a small, flat case that is used... Read more
1. futon; Japanese bedding consisting of a mattress and a duvetSee also 敷き布団 しきぶとん, See also 掛け布団 かけぶとん
- かたづ 。
- In the morning, we put away our futons.
2. round cushion used for Zen meditation (traditionally made of woven bulrush leaves)
3. FutonFuton is an English, a term generally referring to the tr... Read more
布団: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 蒲団: Rarely-used kanji form.
2. BlanketA blanket is a type of bedding, generally speaking, a lar... Read more
1. zabuton (flat floor cushion used when sitting or kneeling; usu. rectangular)
2. ZabutonA zabuton (座布団) is a Japanese cushion for sitting. The za... Read more
座ぶとん 【ざぶとん】、座蒲団 【ざぶとん】、坐蒲団 【ざぶとん】
- This cloth tears easily.
2. bujian (spade-shaped bronze coin of ancient China)Historical term, Only applies to ふ, See also 布銭
布 【ふ】、布 【にの】、布 【にぬ】
にの: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. にぬ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to spread out; to lay out
- おも 。
- I would like to purchase a wooden deck panel that can be laid on the porch.
2. to take a position
3. to impose widely (e.g. over a city)See also 法令を敷く
- During prohibition days, racketeers used to rub each other out to get control of the rum-running racket.
1. house-cloth; dust cloth
雑布: Irregular kanji usage.
1. strategic arrangement of go stones; opening moves
2. preparation; preparatory steps; groundwork
3. FusekiFuseki (布石 or 布局 in Chinese) is the whole board opening i... Read more
1. propagation (e.g. a religion); proselytizing; missionary work
1. dissemination; scattering; sprinkling; spraying
撒布 【さんぷ】、撒布 【さっぷ】
1. laying (a railroad, pipes, naval mines, etc.); construction
- A railroad was constructed in this town.
1. Hawaii; Hawai'iUsually written using kana alone
布哇: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form.
1. application (of ointment, etc.)
- Please give her a fluoride treatment.