Words — 27 found
1. futon; Japanese bedding consisting of a mattress and a duvetSee also 敷き布団 しきぶとん, See also 掛け布団 かけぶとん
- かたづ 。
- In the morning, we put away our futons.
2. round cushion used for Zen meditation (traditionally made of woven bulrush leaves)
3. FutonFuton is an English, a term generally referring to the tr... Read more
蒲団 【ふとん】、薄団 【ふとん】
布団: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 薄団: Irregular kanji usage.
1. strategic arrangement of go stones; opening moves
2. preparation; preparatory steps; groundwork
3. FusekiFuseki (布石 or 布局 in Chinese) is the whole board opening i... Read more
1. laying (a railroad, pipes, naval mines, etc.); construction
- A railroad was constructed in this town.
1. propagation (e.g. a religion); proselytizing; missionary work
1. proclamation; official notice
- まわ 。
- The Cabinet sent round an official notice.
2. touch; contactOnly applies to 触れ, Only applies to 触
- She didn't let him touch her baby.
布令 【ふれ】、触 【ふれ】
触: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. alms-giving; charityBuddhism
2. offerings (usu. money) to a priest (for reading sutras, etc.)Buddhism
3. DānaDāna or Daan is generosity or giving. In Hinduism and Bud... Read more
1. gabion; cage filled with stonesUsually written using kana alone, See also 蛇籠 じゃかご
1. expatiation; enlargement (e.g. on a point); elaboration; amplification
2. clear explanation; paraphrasing
布衍 【ふえん】、敷延 【ふえん】