Words — 359 found
1. crossing; intersection
2. Intersection (road)An intersection is a road junction where two or more road... Read more
1. distinction; differentiation; discrimination
2. discrimination (against people)
3. DiscriminationDiscrimination is the prejudicial treatment of an individ... Read more
差別 【しゃべつ】、差別 【しゃべち】
しゃべつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. しゃべち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to shineSee also 射す
- He went on walking in the rain without an umbrella.
2. to be visible
- Expressions and smiles change like that just from applying rouge and lipstick.
3. to be tinged with
4. to rise (of water levels); to flow in
6. to hold up (an umbrella, etc.); to put up; to raise
7. to extend one's arm straight ahead (in dance)See also 指す
8. to insert; to put inSee also 挿す
9. to wear (a sword) in one's belt; to wear at one's side; to carry under one's armSee also 挿す
10. to insert one's arm under an opponent's armSumo term
11. to pole (a boat)See also 刺す
12. to pour; to add (liquid); to serve (drinks)See also 注す
13. to put on (lipstick, etc.); to apply; to colour; to dye
14. to light (a fire); to burn
15. to shut; to close; to lock; to fastenSee also 鎖す さす
16. to stop in the midst of; to leave undoneSee also 止す さす, after the -masu stem of a verb
1. index finger; forefinger
2. Index fingerThe index finger, (also referred to as forefinger, pointe... Read more
人差指 【ひとさしゆび】、人指し指 【ひとさしゆび】、人さし指 【ひとさしゆび】
1. difference; disparity; gap
2. Difference (philosophy)Difference is a key concept of continental philosophy, de... Read more
1. to give; to offerHumble (kenjougo)
- "Can I help you?" "No, thank you. I'm just looking around."
2. to lift up; to hold up; to raiseHumble (kenjougo)
- さしあ 。
- He held the trophy up high.
差上げる 【さしあげる】、さし上げる 【さしあげる】
差上げる: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. difference; variation
1. sunlight; rays of the Sun
陽射し 【ひざし】、日射し 【ひざし】、陽差し 【ひざし】、日ざし 【ひざし】、陽ざし 【ひざし】、日差 【ひざし】、陽射 【ひざし】
1. crossing; intersection
- The two roads cut across the street from us.
2. (genetic) crossing overBiology term
1. hindrance; impediment
差支え 【さしつかえ】、差閊 【さしつかえ】、差閊え 【さしつかえ】
差閊: Irregular kanji usage. 差閊え: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to present; to submit; to tender; to hold out
差出す 【さしだす】、さし出す 【さしだす】、差しだす 【さしだす】
1. to point at
1. to come near; to approach
- It began to rain as we came near the pass.
2. to be on the verge of; to be about to
- The negotiations are at a very delicate stage.
3. to overhang; to hang over
差しかかる 【さしかかる】、差し掛る 【さしかかる】
1. to interfere (with); to hinder; to be hindered (from doing); to become impeded; to have difficulty; to suffer inconvenience
Common word Links
1. deviation value (usu. scaled to mean of 50, standard deviation of 10, and often used for academic grades); deviation; T-score; standard score
2. Standard scoreIn statistics, a standard score indicates by how many sta... Read more