Words — 345 found
1. to push; to pressOnly applies to 押す
- Could you press this button?
2. to apply pressure from above; to press downOnly applies to 押す, Only applies to 圧す
3. to stamp (i.e. a passport); to apply a sealOnly applies to 押す, Only applies to 捺す, See also 判を押す
- お 。
- The box bears the stamp of the manufacturer.
4. to affix (e.g. gold leaf)Only applies to 押す
5. to press (someone for something); to urge; to compel; to influenceOnly applies to 押す
6. to overwhelm; to overpower; to repressOnly applies to 押す, Only applies to 圧す
7. to push (events along); to advance (a plan)Only applies to 押す
8. to do in spite of ...; to do even though ...; to forceOnly applies to 押す
10. to be pressed for timeOnly applies to 押す
11. to advance troops; to attackOnly applies to 押す
12. (of light) to be diffused across an entire surfaceOnly applies to 押す
圧す 【おす】、捺す 【おす】
1. blood pressure
2. Blood pressureBlood pressure (BP) is the pressure exerted by circulatin... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. compression; condensation; constriction; compaction
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. atmospheric pressure
2. Atmospheric pressureAtmospheric pressure is the force per unit area exerted i... Read more
1. pressure; stressPhysics terminology
- お 。
- The bridge crashed under the pressure.
2. pressure (e.g. political); coercion; arm-twisting
- The plan was given up under the pressure of public opinion.
3. PressurePressure is the force per unit area applied in a directio... Read more
1. check; restraint; oppression; suppression
2. oppression; suppression
1. high blood pressure; hypertension
2. HypertensionHypertension (HTN) or high blood pressure, sometimes call... Read more
1. oppression; suppression; pressure
2. OppressionOppression is the exercise of authority or power in a bur... Read more
1. low (atmospheric) pressure; low-pressure system; depression; cyclone
- はし 。
- These sea boats are fast enough to stay in a depression for several days.
2. bad temper; foul mood; tense situation
3. Low-pressure areaA low-pressure area, low or depression, is a region where... Read more
1. low blood pressure
2. HypotensionIn physiology and medicine, hypotension is abnormally low... Read more
1. push; pushing
- All you have to do is press the button.
2. weight; pressure
3. authority; forcefulness; boldness; audacity; persistence
- た 。
- You don't have enough push.
4. to forcibly ...; to strongly ...Only applies to 押し, before a verb
1. to overwhelm (e.g. an opponent); to overpower; to crush; to defeat completely
2. to overwhelm (someone with emotion); to move; to impress; to fill with emotionusu. in the passive as 圧倒される
3. to intimidate; to frighten; to threaten
1. gaining total control (of people or counties); suppression; oppression; control; mastery; ascendancy; supremacy
1. overwhelming victory; crushing victory; sweeping victory; landslide victory
1. despotic administration; tyrannical rule
- たんじょう 。
- Among the people of the colonies suffering under Earth's tyranny a force emerges intending to overthrow the status quo through terrorism.
2. power politics; political pressure
1. to squash; to crush; to flatten
押し潰す 【おしつぶす】、圧し潰す 【おしつぶす】、押潰す 【おしつぶす】、圧潰す 【おしつぶす】、圧しつぶす 【おしつぶす】
押潰す: Irregular okurigana usage. 圧潰す: Irregular okurigana usage.