Words — 147 found
1. cause; origin; source
げいいん: Irregular kana usage.
1. to be due to; to be caused byUsually written using kana alone, esp. 依る, 拠る
- Without him nothing was made that has been made.
2. to depend on; to turn onUsually written using kana alone, esp. 依る
- For this reason, the credibility of the book's authors rests on the credibility of their sources.
3. to be based on; to come fromUsually written using kana alone, esp. 因る, 由る
4. to be based at (a location, an organization); to be headquartered atUsually written using kana alone, esp. 拠る
因る 【よる】、拠る 【よる】、由る 【よる】
依る: Rarely-used kanji form. 因る: Rarely-used kanji form. 拠る: Rarely-used kanji form. 由る: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. reason; significance; cause
2. piece of information that one has heard; I hear that ...; it is said that ...Only applies to 由
因 【よし】、縁 【よし】
1. to be caused by; to result from; to arise from; to stem from; to be due to
2. cause; origin
基因: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. fate; destiny
- It was her fate to die young.
2. connection; tie; bond; origin
3. pretext; justification
4. hetu and prataya (direct causes and indirect conditions, which underlie the actions of all things)Buddhism
JLPT N1 Links
1. therefore; consequently; accordingly; for that reasonUsually written using kana alone
仍って 【よって】、依って 【よって】、依て 【よって】、仍て 【よって】
1. cause and effect; causality
2. karma; fateBuddhism
3. unfortunate; unlucky; ill-fated
1. by the way; in this connection; incidentally; in passingUsually written using kana alone
1. factor theoremMathematics
2. Factor theoremIn algebra, the factor theorem is a theorem linking facto... Read more
1. consequence; causal relationship; nexusYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. retribution; retributive justice; karma; just deserts; poetic justice; reward and punishment for one's past behaviorYojijukugo (four character compound)