Words — 149 found
1. previous; prior; former; first; earlier; some time ago; preceding
- This was he of whom I said, "He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me."
2. point (e.g. pencil); tip; end; nozzle
- か 。
- I can't write with this dull pencil.
3. head (of a line); front
4. ahead; the other side
- い 。
- You cannot go any farther.
5. the future; hereafter
- み 。
- We could see the summit of a mountain twenty miles away.
- And so it seems she tried phoning but it's who was on the other end of that phone that was the problem.
7. the other party
前 【さき】、先き 【さき】
先き: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. the head; the foremost; beginning; the very front
まっ先 【まっさき】、真先 【まっさき】
真先: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. for now; for the time being; for the presentUsually written using kana alone
2. though not quite satisfactorily; after a fashionUsually written using kana alone
一先 【ひとまず】、一まず 【ひとまず】、ひと先ず 【ひとまず】、一と先ず 【ひとまず】
1. preference; priority; precedence
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. a short while ago; a moment ago; just now; some time agoUsually written using kana alone
1. toes; tips of the toes; toe of a shoe, sock, etc.
2. ToeToes are the digits of the foot of a tetrapod. Animal spe... Read more
1. lip service; mere words; professions
- Don't pay lip service to me.
2. lips; mouth; snout; proboscis
- The words are on the tip of my tongue, but I don't quite know how to put what I want to say.
- He is not so careless as to take the wrong train.
- Do you have an address?
3. future; prospects
行き先 【ゆきさき】、行先 【いきさき】、行先 【ゆきさき】
1. destination; goal (of travel); place one stays during a journey
1. before one's eyes; under one's nose
2. immediate (e.g. interests); present; at hand; short-run
- You must not think about your immediate profit only.
3. foresight; near future
1. distant future; inevitable future
2. places one goes to
- He was welcomed wherever he went.
2. target of a flying arrow; brunt (of an attack)
3. the very moment (when); the point (of doing)See also 矢先に