Words — 160 found
1. to fall (over, down); to collapse; to take a fall; to topple
- たお 。
- He fell flat on the floor.
2. to be destroyed (in a collapse); to collapse; to cave in; to crumble; to give away
- たお 。
- My father fell ill because he worked too hard.
3. to be confined to bed (with an illness); to come down with; to break down (e.g. from overwork)
- たお 。
- He was cut down in his prime.
4. to die; to be killed
5. to go bankrupt (of a company, bank, etc.); to fail; to collapse; to go under
6. to be defeated (in a game); to lose
- They say that the cabinet will fall.
7. to fall (of a government, dictator, etc.); to be overthrown
1. (corporate) bankruptcy; insolvency; commercial failure; failed business
2. BankruptcyBankruptcy is a legal status of an insolvent person or an... Read more
1. trouble; bother
2. trouble; difficulty
3. care; attention
面倒: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. to throw down; to bring down; to blow down; to fell; to knock down; to set (something) down on its side; to turn (something) on its side; to recline (e.g. a seat)Only applies to 倒す
- うご 、
- たお 。
- Move the knob at the side of the seat forwards, collapse the seat.
2. to kill; to defeat; to beat
- だい １
- い 。
- The boxer said he would knock down his opponent in the first round.
3. to overthrow; to trip up; to ruinOnly applies to 倒す
4. to leave unpaid; to cheatOnly applies to 倒す
斃す 【たおす】、殪す 【たおす】、仆す 【たおす】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. inverted; upside down; reversed; back to frontAbbreviation, See also 逆さま
1. bothersome; tiresome; bother to doUsually written using kana alone
面倒くさい 【めんどうくさい】、面倒臭い 【めんどくさい】、面倒臭い 【めんどうくさい】
1. inverted; upside down; reversed; back to front
逆様 【さかさま】、倒 【さかさま】
1. falling down; tumbling; overturning; turning over
- No less than 3 men fell in that race.
2. reversing; inverting; inversion
- Don't put the cart before the horse.
3. getting upset
1. to overwhelm (e.g. an opponent); to overpower; to crush; to defeat completely
2. to overwhelm (someone with emotion); to move; to impress; to fill with emotionusu. in the passive as 圧倒される
3. to intimidate; to frighten; to threaten
1. to cut down; to chop down; to fell
斬り倒す 【きりたおす】、切倒す 【きりたおす】
1. failing to properly evaluate the (relative) importance (of); putting the cart before the horse; mistaking the cause for the end; mistaking the insignificant for the essential; getting one's priorities backwardsYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. to pin down; to knock down; to push (and hold) somebody down (esp. with sexual connotations)
押倒す 【おしたおす】、押したおす 【おしたおす】