Words — 368 found
- かとおも 、
- No sooner has one typhoon passed than the next one approaches.
2. for one thingoften used in itemized lists
- For one thing, I am poor; for another, I am busy.
3. onlyafter a noun
4. (not) evenwith a verb in negative form
- うご 。
- He did not even raise an eyebrow at the news of his wife's death.
5. just (e.g. "just try it")
6. some kind of; one type of
１つ 【ひとつ】、一 【ひとつ】
一: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. one壱, 弌 and 壹 are used in legal documents
- Pack eggs in dozens.
- This is the best Indian restaurant anywhere in Tokyo.
3. first; foremost
- おも 。
- I thought the highest mountain in Tsuyama was Takiyama.
4. beginning; start
5. a (single); one (of many)before a noun
6. ace (playing card)See also エース
7. bottom string (on a shamisen, etc.)
１ 【いち】、壱 【いち】、弌 【いち】、壹 【いち】
壹: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. unity; consolidation; uniformity; unification; compatible
2. Political unionA political union is a type of state which is composed of... Read more
1. (unlikely event of) emergency; the worst(-case scenario); 10000 to 1
- It is wise to save money for a rainy day.
2. (if) by some chance; by some possibility; in the unlikely event that
- し 。
- If by any chance he comes here, I'll let you know at once.
万一 【ばんいち】、万一 【まんいつ】、万一 【ばんいつ】
ばんいち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. まんいつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ばんいつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. only; sole; unique
唯一 【ゆいつ】、唯一 【ゆういつ】
ゆういつ: Irregular kana usage.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. one-by-one; separatelyUsually written using kana alone
- み 。
- John picked up the articles one by one and examined them.
2. every single; each and every; without omission; fully; in detailUsually written using kana alone
- い 。
- He finds faults with everything I do.
1. eleven; 11Only applies to じゅういち
- We are eleven in all.
2. jack (playing card)
3. Hodgson's hawk-cuckoo (Cuculus fugax); Horsfield's hawk cuckooUsually written using kana alone, ateji derived from its call
4. Hodgson's Hawk-CuckooThe Hodgson's Hawk-Cuckoo, Cuculus fugax is a species of ... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. identical; same; one and the same; equal
2. fair; equal treatment; without discrimination
1. choosing between two things; two choicesYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. first; foremost; number one
- Write your name, first of all.
2. most important
- Nothing is more important than health.
3. best; greatest; most
- Japan is the best country under the sun.
4. above all; besides; in any case; to begin with
1. not quite (right); not very good; somewhat (lacking)Colloquialism, Usually written using kana alone, See also 今一つ いまひとつ
1. first year of junior high school; first-year junior high school studentAbbreviation, abbr. of 中学校１年(生)
- He dropped out when he was in the 7th grade.