Words — 59 found
1. han; fan; unit that doubles the score of a handMahjong
翻 【ファン】、飜 【ハン】、飜 【ファン】
- She translated it word for word.
2. deciphering; decoding
4. TranslationTranslation is the communication of the meaning of a sour... Read more
飜訳: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to spill; to drop; to shed (tears)Usually written using kana alone
- I'm afraid I spilled coffee on the tablecloth.
2. to grumble; to complainUsually written using kana alone
- Today's housewives do nothing but complain of high prices.
3. to let one's feelings showUsually written using kana alone
溢す 【こぼす】、翻す 【こぼす】
1. to turn over; to turn aroundSee also 身を翻す
2. to change (one's mind); to reverse (one's decision); to take back (one's words)
3. to fly (flag, etc.); to wave (skirt, cape, etc.)
1. trifling with; toying with; playing with; making sport of; making fun of; leading around by the nose
2. tossing about (a ship)
1. to flutter (in the wind); to wave; to flap; to fly
2. to turn over; to flip over
3. to suddenly change (attitude, opinion, etc.); to suddenly switch; to alter; to flip
1. ocean sunfish (Mola mola)Usually written using kana alone
2. Ocean sunfishThe ocean sunfish, Mola mola, or common mola, is the heav... Read more
1. translation studies
2. Translation studiesTranslation studies is an interdiscipline containing elem... Read more
1. loan translation; calque
2. CalqueIn linguistics, a calque or loan translation is a word or... Read more
2. TransliterationTransliteration is a subset of the science of hermeneutic... Read more
1. suddenly; all of a sudden
2. flying (of a flag, etc.); waving; fluttering