Words — 182 found
1. red; crimson; scarlet
- Don't cross the road while the signal is red.
2. red-containing colour (e.g. brown, pink, orange)
3. Red (i.e. communist)Colloquialism, often written as アカ
- It's only the anti-war pinkos who say things like Saddam isn't a threat.
4. red light (traffic)Abbreviation, See also 赤信号
6. complete; total; perfect; obviousSee also 赤の他人
7. copperAbbreviation, Only applies to 赤, See also 銅 あかがね
8. red 5-point card, Abbreviation, See also あかたん
10. RedRed is any of a number of similar colors evoked by light ... Read more
紅 【あか】、朱 【あか】、緋 【あか】
緋: Out-dated kanji.
1. deep red; crimson
2. rouge; lipstickOnly applies to べに
紅 【べに】、紅 【こう】
1. black tea
2. Black teaBlack tea is a type of tea that is more oxidized than the... Read more
1. red; crimson; scarlet; vermilion; vermillion紅い is esp. for scarlet
- Helen blushed at their praise.
2. Red; communist
紅い 【あかい】、朱い 【あかい】、緋い 【あかい】、赭い 【あかい】、丹い 【あかい】
朱い: Out-dated kanji. 緋い: Out-dated kanji. 赭い: Out-dated kanji. 丹い: Irregular kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. autumn colours; fall colors; leaves changing color (colour)
- The leaves of the trees in the garden have turned completely red.
2. leaves turning red; red leavesOnly applies to 紅葉, Only applies to こうよう
- The leaves will turn red in two or three weeks.
3. leaves turning yellow; yellow leavesOnly applies to 黄葉, Only applies to こうよう
4. (Japanese) maple (Acer japonicum)Only applies to もみじ, See also 以呂波紅葉
5. venisonColloquialism, Only applies to もみじ
6. layered colors in garments, resembling autumn colorsSee also 紅葉襲
7. Autumn leaf colorAutumn leaf color is a phenomenon that affects the normal... Read more
黄葉 【こうよう】、紅葉 【もみじ】、黄葉 【もみじ】、椛 【もみじ】
Common word Links
1. red and white; colours for festive or auspicious occasions (colors)
2. two teams; two groups
3. Red and White singing contest; annual contest between male and female popular singers on New Year's Eve (sponsored and broadcast by NHK)Abbreviation, See also 紅白歌合戦 こうはくうたがっせん
4. Kōhaku makuA kōhaku maku (紅白幕, literally red and white curtain) is a... Read more
1. Red Sea
3. Red SeaThe Red Sea is a seawater inlet of the Indian Ocean, lyin... Read more
1. red-blossomed plum tree; red Japanese apricot
べにうめ: Irregular kana usage.
1. safflower (Carthamus tinctorius); dyer's safflower
ベニハナ: Irregular kana usage.
1. red-billed chough (Pyrrhocorax pyrrhocorax)Usually written using kana alone
2. Red-billed ChoughThe Red-billed Chough or Chough, Pyrrhocorax pyrrhocorax,... Read more
1. immortal jellyfish (Turritopsis nutricula)Usually written using kana alone
2. Turritopsis nutriculaTurritopsis nutricula, the immortal jellyfish, is a hydro... Read more
2. AndalusiteAndalusite is an aluminium nesosilicate mineral with the ... Read more
1. method of dyeing, developed in Okinawa, in which a single stencil is used to produce richly polychromatic designs; traditional dyed cloth from Okinawa
2. BingataBingata is an Okinawan traditional resist dyed cloth, mad... Read more
1. red flame
2. (solar) prominenceAstronomy, etc. term
3. Solar prominenceA prominence is a large, bright feature extending outward... Read more
1. red spots; erythema
2. ErythemaErythema (from the Greek erythros, meaning red) is rednes... Read more