Words — 199 found
1. consumption; expenditure; spending
2. Consumption (economics)Consumption is a common concept in economics, and gives r... Read more
1. to erase; to rub out; to rub off; to cross out; to delete
2. to turn off (a light, TV, heater, etc.); to switch off
- Turn off the light before you go to bed.
3. to extinguish (a fire, candle, etc.); to put out
- け 。
- The firemen quickly extinguished the blaze.
4. to remove (a smell, pain, etc.); to eliminate; to get rid of; to relieve (pain, anxiety, etc.); to neutralize (poison)
- No words can relieve her deep sorrow.
5. to drown out (a sound); to deaden; to absorb; to muffle
- とど 。
- I couldn't make myself heard above the noise.
6. to kill; to murder; to bump off; to rub outColloquialism
- I have orders to waste you.
1. to disappear; to vanish; to go out of sight; to go away; to become lost
- A lot of insects vanished overnight.
2. to go out (of a fire, light, etc.); to die; to turn off (e.g. of a TV screen)
- とつぜん 、
- き 。
- All at once the lights went out.
3. to fade (of a feeling, impression, etc.); to vanish (e.g. of hope)
- き 。
- As time went on, our hopes sank.
4. to go away (e.g. of a smell, itchiness, sleepiness); to disappear; to fade away (e.g. of footsteps)
- The music faded away.
5. to wear away (e.g. of an inscription); to rub out (of writing); to fade (e.g. of ink)
- Will you please use indelible ink so the phrase won't rub out?
6. to be lost (e.g. of a tradition); to die out; to disappear
- Fashions grow old and die.
1. digestion (of food)
2. digestion (of information); assimilation; thorough understanding
3. consumption; absorption; using up; meeting (e.g. a quota); completion
4. losing one's form and turning into something elseArchaism, orig. meaning
5. DigestionDigestion is the mechanical and chemical breakdown of foo... Read more
1. fire station
2. Fire stationFire station in Kostroma, Russia (1823-26) Fire station i... Read more
1. exhaustion; consumption; using up; dissipation; waste
1. eraser; rubber
2. EraserAn eraser or rubber (UK, Newfoundland, Ireland, Australia... Read more
消ゴム: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. news (from someone); letter; contact
2. (someone's) whereabouts; (someone's) movements
しょうそこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
2. ConsumerA consumer is a person or group of people that are the fi... Read more
1. consumption tax (incl. sales tax, VAT, excise duty, etc.)
2. Value added taxA value added tax (VAT) is a form of consumption tax. Fro... Read more
1. firefighter; fireman
2. FirefighterFirefighters (historically firemen) are rescuers extensiv... Read more
1. disinfection; sterilization; sterilisation
2. DisinfectantDisinfectants are substances that are applied to non-livi... Read more
1. extinction; extinguishment; disappearance; vanishing; termination; lapse
- The tiger is a vanishing species.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. elimination; erasure; clearing; dissipating; melting away
2. elimination (of variables)Mathematics
3. Extinction (1995 novel)Extinction is the last of Thomas Bernhard’s novels. It wa... Read more