Words — 1 found
1. to disappear; to vanish; to go out of sight; to go away; to become lost
- A lot of insects vanished overnight.
2. to go out (of a fire, light, etc.); to die; to turn off (e.g. of a TV screen)
- とつぜん 、
- き 。
- All at once the lights went out.
3. to fade (of a feeling, impression, etc.); to vanish (e.g. of hope)
- き 。
- As time went on, our hopes sank.
4. to go away (e.g. of a smell, itchiness, sleepiness); to disappear; to fade away (e.g. of footsteps)
- The music faded away.
5. to wear away (e.g. of an inscription); to rub out (of writing); to fade (e.g. of ink)
- Will you please use indelible ink so the phrase won't rub out?
6. to be lost (e.g. of a tradition); to die out; to disappear
- Fashions grow old and die.