Words — 72 found
1. yawn; yawningUsually written using kana alone
2. kanji "yawning" radical (radical 76)Only applies to 欠
欠 【あくび】、欠伸 【けんしん】
1. fault; defect; flaw; weak point; weakness; shortcoming; drawbackAntonym: 美点
2. failure (in an examination); failing grade
1. absence; non-attendance
1. defect; fault; flaw; deformity; deficiency; shortage; gap
1. to be chipped; to be damaged; to be broken
- か 。
- My back tooth has chipped.
2. to be lacking; to be missing
- The main thing that dreams lack is consistency.
3. to be insufficient; to be short; to be deficient; to be negligent toward
- かけ 。
- Mary is lacking in delicacy.
4. (of the moon) to wane; to go into eclipsealso 虧ける
缺ける 【かける】、闕ける 【かける】
1. to chip; to nick; to break; to crack
2. to lack
1. elopement; running away with a lover
2. Elopement (marriage)To elope, most literally, merely means to run away and to... Read more
駆落ち 【かけおち】、駈け落ち 【かけおち】、駈落ち 【かけおち】、欠け落ち 【かけおち】、欠落ち 【かけおち】
1. to miss (doing); to fail (to do)
1. lack; absence; shortage; deficiency; privation
1. deficit; shortage; loss
2. being partially broken; being partially missing; being partially removed
1. fragment; broken piece; chip; splinter; shardUsually written using kana alone
2. ounce (of truth, conscience, etc.); trace; shred; scrapUsually written using kana alone
1. shaved ice (usually served with flavored simple syrup); Italian ice; snow cone; sno-cone
2. Kakigōriis a Japanese shaved ice dessert flavored with syrup and ... Read more
掻き氷 【かきごおり】、欠き氷 【かきごおり】、欠氷 【かきごおり】、カキ氷 【カキごおり】
掻き氷: Out-dated kanji.