Words — 93 found
1. to recall; to remember; to recollect
思いだす 【おもいだす】、おもい出す 【おもいだす】、思出す 【おもいだす】
思出す: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. memories; recollections; reminiscence
想い出 【おもいで】、思いで 【おもいで】、想いで 【おもいで】、思出 【おもいで】
1. to think of; to hit upon; to come into one's mind; to be struck with an idea
2. to remember; to recall
1. unexpected; contrary to expectations; by chance; casual
思い掛けない 【おもいがけない】、思い掛け無い 【おもいがけない】
1. to be convinced (that); to be under the impression (that); to feel sure (that); to assume (that)
2. to make up one's mind; to set one's heart on; to be determined (to do); to be bent on
3. to be obsessed (with a thought, idea, etc.); to think about obsessively
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. consideration; thoughtfulness; sympathy; compassion; feeling; kindness; understanding; regard; kindheartedness
1. to recall; to remember
思い起す 【おもいおこす】、思起す 【おもいおこす】
思起す: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to give up (a plan or idea); to desist from (doing)
思い止まる 【おもいとどまる】、思い止どまる 【おもいとどまる】
1. to give up all thoughts of; to abandon; to despair of
- おもいき 。
- I can't forget her.
2. to make up one's mind; to take a momentous decision
- Desperate diseases require desperate remedies.
1. to suddenly understand (esp. on basis of experience or memory); to come to mind; to recall (in a flash); to be reminded of; to call to mind; to think of; to strike on; to hit on an answer; to seize the crux of a problem
思いあたる 【おもいあたる】、思い当る 【おもいあたる】
1. to re-think; to think back upon; to change one's mind
1. to imagine; to picture; to figure; to see
1. to be considerate; to sympathize with; to sympathise withSee also 思いやり
1. to worry about; to be worried about; to fret about; to not know what to do; to be at a loss (as to what to do)
1. misunderstanding; misapprehension; false impression; misconception
2. to be mistaken; to have the wrong idea