Words — 9 found
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. that way (direction distant from both speaker and listener); over there; yonderUsually written using kana alone, See also 何方 どちら, See also 此方 こちら, See also 其方
- Please write to me when you get there.
2. that one (something physically distant from both speaker and listener, or something not visible but known by both speaker and listener); that
- This was quite primitive compared to that.
3. that person (someone physically distant from both speaker and listener, or someone not present but known by both speaker and listener)あちら is pol.
- That's the person I've been waiting for.
4. there (place distant from both speaker and listener); over there; foreign country (esp. a Western nation)
彼方 【あっち】、彼方 【あち】
あち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. here and there; all around; everywhere; throughout; all overUsually written using kana alone
- さが 。
- I have looked for it up and down.
2. to get things in the wrong order (back to front); to become muddled upUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to あちこち, Only applies to あちらこちら, Only applies to あっちこっち, Only applies to アチコチ
彼方此方 【あちらこちら】、彼方此方 【あっちこっち】、彼方此方 【かなたこなた】、彼方此方 【あなたこなた】、アチコチ
あなたこなた: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. leaving everything to Buddha's providence; depending on others; leaving things to others
貴方任せ 【あなたまかせ】、あなた任せ 【あなたまかせ】
1. it's hard to please everybody; damned if you do and damned if you don'tProverb
1. youHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
貴方様 【あなたさま】、彼方様 【あなたさま】
彼方様: Irregular kanji usage.