Words — 294 found
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. quotation; citation; reference
2. QuotationA quotation or quote is the repetition of one expression ... Read more
1. to pull; to tug; to lead (e.g. a horse)
- ひ 。
- The curtains were drawn slowly.
3. to draw back (e.g. one's hand); to draw in (one's chin, stomach, etc.); to pull in
- Obviously a normal woman would lose interest if she saw a book like that!
4. to draw (a card, mahjong tile, etc.)
- The card you drew was a red, wasn't it?
5. to draw (a line, plan, etc.)See also 図面を引く
- Draw a line from A to B.
6. to catch (a cold)See also 風邪を引く
- I had a bad cold, and to make matters worse, it began snowing.
7. to play (a stringed or keyboard instrument)See also 弾く ひく
- John can't play the guitar.
8. to look up (in a dictionary, phone book, etc.); to consult; to checkSee also 辞書を引く
- Look up the word in your dictionary.
9. to haul; to pull (vehicles)esp. 牽く
- み 。
- I saw a horse pulling a cart.
10. to subtract; to deduct
- のこ 。
- Two from ten leaves eight.
11. to recede; to ebb; to fade
- How many days will it take until the swelling goes down?
12. to be descend from; to inherit (a characteristic)
- ひ 。
- The writer was descended from the Greek royal family.
13. to quote; to cite; to raise (as evidence)
- Insofar as possible, our examples will be drawn from English.
14. to lay on (electricity, gas, etc.); to install (e.g. a telephone); to supply (e.g. water)
- ひ 。
- A submarine cable was laid between the two countries.
15. to hold (e.g. a note)
16. to apply (e.g. lipstick); to oil (e.g. a pan); to wax (e.g. a floor)
17. to move back; to draw back; to recedeSee also 退く ひく
18. to lessen; to subside; to ebb; to go down (e.g. of swelling)See also 退く ひく
19. to resign; to retire; to quitSee also 退く ひく
曳く 【ひく】、牽く 【ひく】
1. draw (in competition); tie game
2. Tie (draw)To tie or draw is to finish a competition with identical ... Read more
1. to move (house); to change residence
引っこす 【ひっこす】、引越す 【ひきこす】、引き越す 【ひきこす】
引越す: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N4 Links
- The clean towels are in the drawer.
2. withdrawal (of money from an account)not 抽斗,抽匣
3. variety of knowledge and experience useful for handling things impromptunot 抽斗,抽匣
引出し 【ひきだし】、抽き出し 【ひきだし】、抽出し 【ひきだし】、抽斗 【ひきだし】、抽匣 【ひきだし】
抽斗: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to pull out; to take out; to draw out
- ひきだ 。
- I opened the envelope and pulled out a letter.
2. to lead out (e.g. a horse from a stable); to summon (e.g. to court); to bring (e.g. someone to the negotiating table); to drag
3. to withdraw (money); to draw
- ひきだ 。
- Taro drew 10,000 yen from the bank.
4. to bring out (talent, potential, beauty, flavour, etc.); to extract (information, the truth, etc.); to get (e.g. an answer out of someone); to obtain (e.g. a result); to elicit; to draw (a conclusion); to derive (e.g. pleasure)
- ひきだ 。
- He drew his conclusions based on that survey.
5. to get (money) out of someone; to coax out of someone; to get someone to pay; to make someone produce (funds)
引出す 【ひきだす】、引きだす 【ひきだす】
1. to pull; to draw; to pull tight
- の 。
- This material stretches easily.
2. to string (lines); to run (cable); to stretch
3. to pull towards oneself (e.g. someone's sleeve)
4. to drag; to haul; to tow
5. to lead (e.g. one's followers)
6. to take someone somewhere (e.g. a suspect to the police)
7. to tempt into joining; to strongly invite to join
8. to delay; to prolong
9. to lengthen the pronunciation (of a word)
10. to quote; to cite; to reference
11. to pull the ballBaseball
12. to wear; to put on
引っぱる 【ひっぱる】、引張る 【ひっぱる】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. moving (dwelling, office, etc.); changing residence
引越 【ひっこし】、引越し 【ひっこし】
引越: Irregular okurigana usage. 引越し: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to take on; to undertake; to accept; to take charge of; to assume responsibility for
2. to take over; to inherit
3. to guarantee; to vouch for
4. to contract (a disease)
引受ける 【ひきうける】、引きうける 【ひきうける】、引受る 【ひきうける】
引受る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to be caught in; to be stuck in
2. to stop by; to drop in for a short visit; to be delayed; to take time
3. to get mixed up in (trouble); to get entangled in (a problem); to be involved with
4. to fall for (a trick); to be deceived; to be cheated
5. to be on one's mind; to worry one; to be bothered by; to feel uneasy
6. to be obstructed; to be hindered
7. to splash
引っ掛かる 【ひっかかる】、引っ掛る 【ひっかかる】
1. to turn back; to go back; to come back; to return; to retrace one's steps
引返す 【ひきかえす】、引きかえす 【ひきかえす】
1. to detain; to check; to restrain
引止める 【ひきとめる】、引き留める 【ひきとめる】
引止める: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. attraction (e.g. magnetic, gravitation); affinity; gravitational pull
- Newton established the law of gravity.
2. attractiveness; magnetism
1. to draw back; to sink; to cave in
2. to be set back (e.g. from a road)
3. to withdraw (e.g. from the public eye); to retire to (somewhere); to stay indoors; to butt out; to stay out of it
1. to be overturned; to be reversed; to turn over; to capsize
2. to fall down; to tumble down; to topple over; to lie on one's back
ひっくり返る 【ひっくりがえる】、引っくり返る 【ひっくりかえる】、引っくり返る 【ひっくりがえる】、引っ繰り返る 【ひっくりかえる】、引っ繰り返る 【ひっくりがえる】、引繰り返る 【ひっくりかえる】、引繰り返る 【ひっくりがえる】
1. to take into one's possession; to receive; to accept; to collect; to claim
- こば 。
- I complained, but they refused to take this sweater back.
2. to take into one's care (e.g. person, pet); to take custody of; to adopt
- そだ 。
- He adopted a war orphan and is bringing her up as a foster daughter.
3. to leave; to go away; to withdraw; to get out
引取る 【ひきとる】、引きとる 【ひきとる】
引取る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to pull up; to drag up; to lift up
- Give me a hoist.
2. to increase; to raise (e.g. taxes)
- ちかぢか 、
- Will the government raise the consumption tax soon?
3. to withdraw; to leave; to pull out; to retire
- ひきあ 。
- He retired to his own room after supper.
4. to promote (someone to a higher position)
5. to return home
6. to expedite the scheduleArchaism
引上げる 【ひきあげる】、引き揚げる 【ひきあげる】、引きあげる 【ひきあげる】、引揚げる 【ひきあげる】、ひき上げる 【ひきあげる】
1. to drag along; to pull
- い 。
- I dragged the heavy baggage to the airport.
2. to force someone along
3. to prolong; to drag out
4. to influence strongly; to seduce
引ずる 【ひきずる】、引き摺る 【ひきずる】、引摺る 【ひきずる】
引摺る: Irregular okurigana usage.