Words — 142 found
1. left and right
- ふ 。
- He gave an angry shake of his head.
2. influence; control; domination
- おお 。
- Success often depends on one's temperament.
4. Relative directionThe most common relative directions are left, right, forw... Read more
左右 【そう】、左右 【さう】
そう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. さう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. (doing) various things; (doing) this and thatUsually written using kana alone
- There were some unsavory rumors about him.
2. being apt to; being prone to; tending toUsually written using kana alone
- We tend to forget that exercise is a key to good health.
3. at any rate; anyhow; anywayUsually written using kana alone
4. all sorts of (negative things); variousUsually written using kana alone
5. things that do not exist; rabbit hornsBuddhist term, Idiomatic expression, Only applies to 兎角, See also 亀毛兎角
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. farewell; adieu; goodbye; so longUsually written using kana alone
1. left hand
2. left-hand side; left-hand direction; (on) the left
1. left; left (hand) side
1. left armSee also 右腕
- お 。
- Joan broke her left arm in the accident.
2. left-handed (baseball pitcher)Only applies to さわん
JLPT N1 Links
1. not so; not particularly; not very; not that muchUsually written using kana alone