1. left and right; right and left
- ふ 。
- He gave an angry shake of his head.
2. (asserting) control; influence; domination
- おお 。
- Success often depends on one's temperament.
3. one's attendants; people accompanying one
4. (serving at somebody's) side
7. Relative directionThe most common relative directions are left, right, forw... Read more
左右 【そう】、左右 【さう】
そう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. さう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. farewell; adieu; goodbye; so longUsually written using kana alone
1. left; left (hand) side
1. left armSee also 右腕
- お 。
- Joan broke her left arm in the accident.
2. left-handed (baseball pitcher)Only applies to さわん
JLPT N1 Links
1. (not) so; (not) particularly; (not) very; (not) that muchUsually written using kana alone, usu. with a negative verb
2. PlasterworkPlasterwork refers to construction or ornamentation done ... Read more
1. undermentioned (statement); the following; at leftprimarily used in vertical writing
1. demotion; relegation; reduction in rank; degradation; downward move
1. left side (of an equation, expression, etc.); LHSMathematics, See also 右辺
2. left side (go, chess, othello board)
1. left ventricle
2. Left ventricleThe left ventricle is one of four chambers in the human h... Read more
1. Minister of the Left (official in Nara and Heian periods)
2. Sadaijin, most commonly translated as "Minister of the Left", was... Read more