Words — 44 found
1. beginning; start; outset; opening
2. first (in line, etc.)esp. 初め
3. originesp. 始め
4. such as ...; not to mention ...Usually written using kana alone, esp. 始め; as 〜を始め, 〜を始めとして, etc.
- せかい １５
- まな 。
- At this language centre, about 15 international languages are taught, including English.
1. for the first timeSee also 始める
- とき 、
- When I was sixteen, I played tennis for the first time.
2. only after ... is it ...; only when ... do you ...after the -te form of a verb
- Only through protest can a free and open society be maintained.
始めて 【はじめて】、甫めて 【はじめて】
1. to begin; to start; to commence
2. to happen (again); to begin (anew)
3. to date (from); to originate (in)
1. to start; to begin; to commence; to initiate; to originateOnly applies to 始める
- When did you begin playing golf?
2. to start up (a business, society, etc.); to open (e.g. a store); to establish
- はじ 。
- We three sisters opened a coffee shop.
3. to start ...; to begin to ...Only applies to 始める, after the -masu stem of a verb
- はじ 。
- The room started to spin after I drank too much.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. continuously; from beginning to end; from first to last
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. first departure (of the day: train, bus, etc.); first train; first busSee also 終発
2. departing one's home station (of a train, bus, etc.)
1. management; dealing with; settlement; cleaning up; disposal
- He's spent all afternoon rooting up last year's spinach plants.
2. course of events; circumstances; particulars
3. end result (usu. bad); outcome
- ゆしゅつこく 】
- しまつ 。
- Ending up with being called a "measles exporting country" by the rest of the world, something that you could take as insult or truth.
4. economizing; economising; frugality; being thrifty
仕末: Irregular kanji usage.
1. first; firstly; first of all; to begin with; in the beginning; at the beginning
2. Introduction; PrefaceUsually written using kana alone, as section heading of a book, etc.
JLPT N2 Links
1. How do you do?; I am glad to meet youUsually written using kana alone
1. season-opening ceremonyBaseball term
2. Ceremonial first pitchThe ceremonial first ball is a longstanding ritual of Ame... Read more
1. Eocene epoch
2. EoceneThe Eocene (symbol EO) epoch, lasting from about 56 to 34... Read more
1. Archaeozoic (Archeozoic) Era
2. ArcheanThe Archean, also spelled Archeozoic or Archæozoic is a g... Read more