Words — 428 found
1. female; woman; female sexSee also 男 おとこ, can be blunt when used alone
2. female lover; girlfriend; mistress; (someone's) woman
女 【おみな】、女 【おうな】、女 【うみな】、女 【おな】
おみな: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. おうな: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. うみな: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. おな: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. woman; female
- The girl has grown into a slender woman.
2. feminine genderGrammar, Only applies to じょせい
3. WomanA woman, pl: women is a female human. The term woman is u... Read more
2. female championOnly applies to じょおう, Only applies to じょうおう
3. Queen regnantA queen regnant is a female monarch who reigns in her own... Read more
女王 【じょうおう】、女王 【にょおう】
1. woman; girl
女子 【おなご】、女子 【おみなご】
おみなご: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. wife (esp. one's own wife)
- My wife's hands are slightly smaller than the shop assistant's.
2. court lady; female court attache; woman who served at the imperial palaceOnly applies to にょうぼう, Only applies to にゅうぼう
3. woman (esp. as a love interest)Archaism, Only applies to にょうぼう, Only applies to にゅうぼう
女房 【にょうぼ】、女房 【にゅうぼう】
にゅうぼう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. lady (of high social status; e.g. scholar, artist, critic, politician)
- I'm looking forward to the day when Miss Cobb comes back, I can tell you.
2. Ms; Mrs; MissHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language
1. female clothing; wearing female clothing; cross dressing (for a man)
2. Cross-dressingCross-dressing is the act of wearing clothing and other a... Read more
1. maidservant; housemaid; maidDated term, Sensitive, See also お手伝いさん
2. hostess (in a ryokan); waitress (in a traditional restaurant)Sensitive
3. court ladyArchaism
4. ladyHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, Archaism
1. women's college
2. Women's collegesWomen's colleges in higher education are undergraduate, b... Read more