1. to push; to pressOnly applies to 押す
- Could you press this button?
2. to apply pressure from above; to press downOnly applies to 押す, Only applies to 圧す
3. to stamp (i.e. a passport); to apply a sealOnly applies to 押す, Only applies to 捺す, See also 判を押す
- お 。
- The box bears the stamp of the manufacturer.
4. to affix (e.g. gold leaf)Only applies to 押す
5. to press (someone for something); to urge; to compel; to influenceOnly applies to 押す
6. to overwhelm; to overpower; to repressOnly applies to 押す, Only applies to 圧す
7. to push (events along); to advance (a plan)Only applies to 押す
8. to do in spite of ...; to do even though ...; to forceOnly applies to 押す
10. to be pressed for timeOnly applies to 押す
11. to advance troops; to attackOnly applies to 押す
12. (of light) to be diffused across an entire surfaceOnly applies to 押す
圧す 【おす】、捺す 【おす】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. compression; condensation; constriction; compaction
1. pressure; stressPhysics
- お 。
- The bridge crashed under the pressure.
2. pressure (e.g. political); coercion; arm-twisting
- The plan was given up under the pressure of public opinion.
3. PressurePressure is the force per unit area applied in a directio... Read more
2. oppression; suppression
1. push; pushing
- All you have to do is press the button.
2. weight; pressure
3. authority; forcefulness; boldness; audacity; persistence
- た 。
- You don't have enough push.
4. to forcibly ...; to strongly ...Only applies to 押し, before a verb
1. to overwhelm (e.g. an opponent); to overpower; to crush; to defeat completely
2. to overwhelm (someone with emotion); to move; to impress; to fill with emotionusu. in the passive as 圧倒される
3. to intimidate; to frighten; to threaten
1. overwhelming victory; crushing victory; sweeping victory; landslide victory
1. to squash; to crush; to flatten
押し潰す 【おしつぶす】、圧し潰す 【おしつぶす】、押潰す 【おしつぶす】、圧潰す 【おしつぶす】、圧しつぶす 【おしつぶす】
押潰す: Irregular okurigana usage. 圧潰す: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. oppressive rule; tyrannical regime; despotism
- たんじょう 。
- Among the people of the colonies suffering under Earth's tyranny a force emerges intending to overthrow the status quo through terrorism.
1. compressed air
2. Compressed airCompressed air is air which is kept under a certain press... Read more
1. rolling; extending by applying pressure
2. Rolling (metalworking)In metalworking, rolling is a metal forming process in wh... Read more
1. highlight; best part
2. stunning; incredible; superb
圧観: Irregular kanji usage.
1. crushing to death
2. crushing (hope, freedom, etc.); suppression; quashing; stifling