Words — 286 found
1. sumMathematics, Only applies to 和
- ひと 。
- The sum of all the angles in a triangle equals 180 degrees.
2. harmony; peaceOnly applies to 和
- か 。
- In sport, team harmony is vital to success.
3. Japan; Japanese-style
4. Wa (Japan)Japanese Wa is the oldest recorded name of Japan. Chinese... Read more
1. soft; fragile; weak; poorly built; insubstantialUsually written using kana alone
1. Japanese clothes
2. KimonoThe kimono is a Japanese traditional garment worn by men,... Read more
1. reconciliation; amicable settlement; accommodation; compromise; mediation; rapprochement
- お 。
- The struggle ended in a satisfactory settlement.
2. court-mediated settlementLaw, Only applies to わかい
3. translation of a foreign language into JapaneseArchaism
4. ConciliationConciliation is an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) p... Read more
1. wagashi; traditional Japanese confectionery
2. Wagashiis a traditional Japanese confectionery which is often se... Read more
1. Wagyu beef; Japanese beef
2. Wagyurefers to several breeds of cattle genetically predispose... Read more
1. Japanese-style room
2. Washitsu, meaning "Japanese-style room(s)", is a Japanese term us... Read more
1. wasabi (Wasabia japonica); Japanese horseradishUsually written using kana alone
2. Wasabi, is a member of the Brassicaceae family, which includes ... Read more
和佐比: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. priestly teacher; preceptorBuddhism, Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, trad. pronounced おしょう in Zen and Pure Land, かしょう in Tendai and Kegon, わじょう in Shingon, Hosso, Ritsu and Shin Buddhism
- The robes do not make the monk.
2. monk (esp. the head monk of a temple); priest; head priestBuddhism, Only applies to おしょう, Only applies to かしょう
3. second highest priestly rank in BuddhismBuddhism, See also 法眼
4. master (of one's art, trade, etc.)
6. BhikkhuA Bhikkhu or Vhikṣu is an ordained male Buddhist monastic... Read more
和尚 【かしょう】、和尚 【わじょう】、和上 【かしょう】、和上 【わじょう】
1. to soften; to calm down; to be eased; to be mitigated; to subside; to abate
1. Netherlands; HollandUsually written using kana alone, From Portuguese “Holanda”
和蘭 【オランダ】、和蘭陀 【オランダ】
阿蘭陀: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form. 和蘭: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form. 和蘭陀: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form.
1. blending of Japanese and Western stylesYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. Japanese styleSee also 洋風
2. light wind; moderate breeze