Words — 217 found
1. pair; couple; set
2. antithesisSee also 対句
3. counter for items that come in pairs
- The king of this country isn't a person, but a divine beast with three pairs of wings said to be in far away in the sky.
4. counter for sets (of clothes, small furniture, utensils, etc.)
1. just (now)
- It was only yesterday that I called on him.
2. quite (near)
- His office is very close to mine.
3. unintentionally; subconsciously; by mistake; against one's better judgement (judgment)
- I think Mr Ashe has just got to have a cigarette.
1. end; final
2. end of life; death
3. never; not at allSee also 終ぞ
竟 【つい】、遂 【つい】
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. finally; at lastUsually written using kana alone
- Finally, the sick, tired men reached the mountain town where he was waiting.
2. in the end; after all; never (happened)Usually written using kana alone, with neg. verb
終に 【ついに】、竟に 【ついに】
1. chase; pursuit; tracking; stalking
2. following up; tracing
1. fall; crash (e.g. aircraft)
1. exile; banishment; eviction; deportation; purge; expulsion; ousting
- The ruler was overthrown and banished from the country.
2. elimination (e.g. of poverty); removal
- We must rid the nation of drugs.
1. investigation (e.g. into someone's guilt); questioning; pressing; hounding; pinning down
- I was pressed by their questioning and slipped into telling an obvious lie.
2. catching up; overtaking
1. to spend; to expend; to consume
- つい 。
- A large amount of money was spent on the bridge.
2. to waste; to squander; to throw away
- Don't waste your time on trifles.
3. to devote
1. first day of the monthusu. 一日 or １日
- The letter is dated April 1, 1987.
2. first ten days of the lunar monthArchaism, Only applies to ついたち
１日 【ついたち】、朔日 【ついたち】、朔 【ついたち】、朔日 【さくじつ】、一日 【いっぴ】
1. postscript; post scriptum; PS; P.S.
2. PostscriptA postscript, abbreviated PS or P.S. , is writing added a... Read more
1. intervertebral disk
2. Intervertebral discIntervertebral discs (or intervertebral fibrocartilage) l... Read more
1. pursuit (of a goal, ideal, etc.); search; chase; seeking after
- This debate about the future of the ozone layer has been mostly about profits and politics.
1. about; concerning; as to; regardingUsually written using kana alone
1. incidentally; taking the opportunity; while (you) are at it; on the occasionUsually written using kana alone
1. entering the rainy season; beginning of the rainy season
梅雨入り 【ついり】、入梅 【つゆいり】、入梅 【ついり】、入梅 【にゅうばい】
1. investigation (e.g. academically, of the unknown); close inquiry (enquiry)