Words — 487 found
1. part; portion; share
- Here is your share of the cake.
2. amount; worth (as in "two days' worth"); enough (for)
- You are required to provide three months' rent in deposit.
3. one's means; one's place; one's lot; one's social position
4. one's duty; one's part
5. condition; state (of affairs); extent; rate (as in "at this rate")
6. in proportion to; just as much as; to the same degree
- Prices are high here but that's because the after-sale service is really good.
7. content (e.g. alcohol); percentage
- This beer contains 5% alcohol.
8. equivalent to (e.g. an old brother)See also 兄貴分
1. minute (unit of time)
2. fun (one tenth of a monme, 5.787 grains)
3. MinuteA minute is a unit of measurement of time or of angle. Th... Read more
JLPT N3 Links
1. one-tenth; one percent (one-tenth of a wari); 3 mm (one-tenth of a sun); 2.4 mm (one-tenth of a mon, a traditional unit used to measure shoe sizes); 0.1 degree (one-tenth of a do, used to measure body temperature on any temperature scale)
- う 。
- The loan bears an 8% interest.
2. one-quarter of a ryō (obsolete unit of currency)
4. advantageous circumstances
- The odds are in his favor.
5. one-tenth of a monme of silverSee also 匁 もんめ
2. AnalysisAnalysis is the process of breaking a complex topic or su... Read more
1. to understand; to comprehend; to grasp; to see; to get; to followUsually written using kana alone
- い 。
- "I understand how you feel, Hiroshi," says Mike.
2. to become clear; to be known; to be discovered; to be realized; to be realised; to be found outUsually written using kana alone
- I understand that he's something of a famous personality.
3. I know!; I think so too!
解る 【わかる】、判る 【わかる】、分る 【わかる】
1. split; division; break up
2. Fission (biology)1: The bacterium before binary fission is when the DNA ti... Read more
- A water molecule has two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom.
3. member; element
4. MoleculeA molecule is an electrically neutral group of two or mor... Read more
1. to divide (into); to split (into); to part; to separate; to divide up; to classify; to sort out; to divide out
- わ 。
- He grouped his books into five categories.
2. to share; to distribute; to deal out; to dish out
- The mother divided the money among her children.
3. to distinguish; to discriminate; to differentiate (between)
- Can't you divorce fantasy from reality?
4. to break up (a fight); to mediate
5. to call a draw; to tie
6. to push one's way through (a crowd)
7. to sellalso written as 頒ける
1. to branch; to fork; to divergealso written as 岐れる
2. to separate; to split; to divide
3. to disperse; to scatter
1. classification; categorization; sorting
1. disassembly; dismantling; disaggregating; taking apart; breaking up; analysis; parsing
- This liquid can be resolved into three elements.
2. decomposition; resolution; disintegration; degradationChemistry
1. division; splitting; sharing; distribution; dissemination; allocation
1. taking on one's share (e.g. of work); dividing (work, expenses, etc.) between; apportionment; allotment; allocation; assignment
1. separation; partition; detachment; segregation; isolation
1. childbirth; delivery; confinement
2. ChildbirthChildbirth (also called labor, birth, partus or parturiti... Read more
Common word Links
1. divergence; ramification; bifurcation; branching off
- The river branches three kilometers below the town.
2. Fraction (mathematics)A fraction represents a part of a whole or, more generall... Read more