Words — 89 found
1. place; spot; scene; sitealso pronounced どころ when a suffix
- Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.
2. addressUsually written using kana alone
3. district; area; localityUsually written using kana alone
4. one's houseUsually written using kana alone
- "Do you mind if I call on you sometime?" "No, not at all."
5. point; aspect; side; facetUsually written using kana alone, See also いいとこ
- Seeing that you're not surprised, I think you must have known.
6. passage (in text); partUsually written using kana alone
7. space; roomUsually written using kana alone
8. thing; matterUsually written using kana alone
- I have been to the station to see my uncle off.
9. whereupon; as a resultUsually written using kana alone, after the plain past form of a verb
- Oh, no! I almost forgot!
10. about to; on the verge ofUsually written using kana alone, after present form of a verb
11. was just doing; was in the process of doing; have just done; just finished doingUsually written using kana alone, after past form of a verb
処 【ところ】、處 【ところ】、所 【とこ】
處: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. punishment; penalty
2. Sanctions (law)Sanctions are penalties or other means of enforcement use... Read more
1. processing; dealing with; treatment; disposition; disposal
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. here and there; in placesUsually written using kana alone
所所 【ところどころ】、所々 【しょしょ】、所所 【しょしょ】、処々 【しょしょ】、処処 【しょしょ】
処々: Rarely-used kanji form. 処処: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. disposal; throwing away; selling off
- We have to dispose of the land.
2. dealing with (a problem); measure
3. punishment; penalty
4. putting down (e.g. diseased animal)
1. measure; step; dealing with
2. medical treatment
2. Medical prescriptionA prescription (℞) is a health-care program implemented b... Read more
1. to manage; to deal with; to cope with
2. to sentence; to condemn; to punish
- しょ 。
- The man was given a life sentence.
1. not the time for; not the place for; far from; anything but; ... is out of the question; ... isn't the word for itUsually written using kana alone, See also 所じゃない どころじゃない, used to strongly dismiss something as being far removed from what is true or appropriate
- The festival was far from dull.
処ではない: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. virgin; maiden
2. VirginityVirginity refers to the state of a person who has never e... Read more
1. far from; anything but; not at all ... but rather ...; not ..., on the contrary, ...; instead of; rather thanUsually written using kana alone
2. let alone; to say nothing of; not to mention; much lessUsually written using kana alone
- の 。
- He doesn't even drink beer, not to mention whiskey.
所か: Rarely-used kanji form.
2. HymenThe hymen is a membrane that surrounds or partially cover... Read more